Page 439 of 659 FirstFirst ... 339389429432433434435436437438439440441442443444445446449489539 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeah what would any team want with a goal machine like Haaland.
    Tees, wasnt Gomez in outstanding form, before he had leg broken by a Burnley hatchet man? Nineteenx says hes no good just like Fabinho (whos been very good since he went back in midfield) Yet nineteenx rated Lucas Levia. who to me was average at best

Im not saying Gomez is world class but the lad is a decent player and with a good run in the team he will prove that again.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Klopp likes Gomez and Fabinho.
    The Fab stat was great. 27 points from 30 in midfield. Absolute beast of a player that retty much any team would have.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Prove it.
    Ooh that's a classic, I've had untold grief on here for saying he wasn't good enough over that time, for pointing out he is desperately lacking in the kind of experience and experiences Virgil, Matip and most other top defenders went through on their way to becoming top defenders, that being a huge part of what made them top defenders
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Im not saying Gomez is world class but the lad is a decent player and with a good run in the team he will prove that again, until he has some actual real defending to do in situations that don't involve a foot race
    Fixed that for you
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's not a case of not wanting him, if you pay the sort of money and wages you'd need too, you're looking at playing 4231 to get the very best out of him, Mane and Mo are forwards, not wingers, 4231 would crowd the space of our 2 attacking full backs, rendering both less effective, Fab in a 2 with Thiago is, well, it's not a good idea at all.

it's alright cracking one off over the next best thing, maybe engaging the brain and thinking how does he fit into our team wouldn't go amiss now and then
    With a player like Haaland you'd make him fit. He's that good. The front 3 has been the same for too long, we had no injuries this year with them and have struggled for a goal ratio even close to previous seasons. It needs changing.
    We obviously aren't buying Haaland but do you seriously think Klopp would turn him down if he had the chance to bring him in? No manager would.

Ooh that's a classic, I've had untold grief on here for saying he wasn't good enough over that time, for pointing out he is desperately lacking in the kind of experience and experiences Virgil, Matip and most other top defenders went through on their way to becoming top defenders, that being a huge part of what made them top defenders
    I'm on about Konate 3 years ago not Gomez.

Fixed that for you
    Thanks.. I needed it fixed. because you are in the know.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Tees, wasnt Gomez in outstanding form, before he had leg broken by a Burnley hatchet man? Nineteenx says hes no good just like Fabinho (whos been very good since he went back in midfield) Yet nineteenx rated Lucas Levia. who to me was average at best

Im not saying Gomez is world class but the lad is a decent player and with a good run in the team he will prove that again.
    He doesn't like Gomez as he's a threat to Matip's place . He doesn't rate Fabinho as he's a threat to Henderson's place. And he never liked Joe Allen because he was selected over Lucas on a number of occasions. Are you seeing a pattern emerging?

I've been critical of Gomez myself. I think he's a decent defender, we most certainly missed him this season and wouldn't have been half as bad if he hadnt got injured but if the chance is there to upgrade on him I'd take it.

Whereas you you get a boner for any big name young player off FIFA like Haaland or Sancho, despite that we'd have to rip up Jurgen's blueprint and start over to include a No9 who doesn't contribute except for scoring and Sancho plays Mo's position so having 2 players of that quality for the same position seems highly unlikely
    A no 9 who doesn’t contribute apart from scoring goals , I’ll take that