Page 442 of 659 FirstFirst ... 342392432435436437438439440441442443444445446447448449452492542 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

According to Patrick Berger - Chief Reporter at Sport1 via twitter

Confirmed: Liverpool FC has not activated the €23m release clause for Ozan Kabak. A permanente deal with #LFC is unlikely. The 21-year-old Turkish centre-back is targeted by RB Leipzig and Leicester City. #S04 urgently need to sell him this summer.
    @ozankabak4

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I wonder how much Grealish would cost
    Too much, not much point in our signing a player whose success and ability is built mostly on diving when we can't even get a free kick that should actually be one
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

hes only 21. maybe we will go back to Kabak later on in 3/4 years.. If he turns into a very good defender
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Too much, not much point in our signing a player whose success and ability is built mostly on diving when we can't even get a free kick that should actually be one
    Perfect for Man United in that sense.

What about Vardy at the weekend for the second Leicester penalty?? he grabs hold of the Tottenham players arm . runs into the box and throws himself down..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    What about Vardy at the weekend for the second Leicester penalty?? he grabs hold of the Tottenham players arm . runs into the box and throws himself down..
    FA and refs association isn't it, they tried incredibly hard to help Leicester over the line in that game, no doubt hoping we'd slip up, but as I have said numerous times about pre VAR and since VAR, if you make sure you put your chances away and don't offer them ANY excuses to give anything, they can't affect your results.

Jurgen understands that, it's not a coincidence, even with free kicks and yellows given against our players that were flat out dives, that we won the fair play award for the fourth consecutive season

Our players understand that too, because like Jurgen, they know given the slightest opportunity to award the opposition a foul, English officials will, and it's a very good thing, because it's actually made us have to work harder to improve our pressing, positioning and timing of our tackles to stop them giving frees that aren't.

That's what the Hendo/Thiago spat was about v Leicester, Thiago didn't foul their lad, but he did enough to put him off and give the ref an excuse to award them the free kick they scored from, because at that stage, Thiago was playing normally, doing something that on a level playing field with officials who don't have an agenda is never in a million years a free kick, but our lads who have been here longer know better

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Also, I really dislike that about Brenny, he has his lads diving all over the place, really don't like it, Leicester and Villa are worse for it than the filthy or City to be fair, those 2 clubs (Leicester and Villa) are THE worst 2 in our league for persistent diving

FA and refs association isn't it, they tried incredibly hard to help Leicester over the line in that game, no doubt hoping we'd slip up, but as I have said numerous times about pre VAR and since VAR, if you make sure you put your chances away and don't offer them ANY excuses to give anything, they can't affect your results.

Jurgen understands that, it's not a coincidence, even with free kicks and yellows given against our players that were flat out dives, that we won the fair play award for the fourth consecutive season

Our players understand that too, because like Jurgen, they know given the slightest opportunity to award the opposition a foul, English officials will, and it's a very good thing, because it's actually made us have to work harder to improve our pressing, positioning and timing of our tackles to stop them giving frees that aren't.

That's what the Hendo/Thiago spat was about v Leicester, Thiago didn't foul their lad, but he did enough to put him off and give the ref an excuse to award them the free kick they scored from, because at that stage, Thiago was playing normally, doing something that on a level playing field with officials who don't have an agenda is never in a million years a free kick, but our lads who have been here longer know better
    Yeah the Harvey Barnes dive against Thiago was laughable. then Maddisons goal was given offside from the resulting freekick. It took the Var guy about 5 minutes to find an angle that suited.even then it was offside..

Konate pretty much confirmed apart from the announcement breaking news i know

I rate him highly. He’s always wanting to influence the game and usually does for large portions of the game. Very good at finding someone to give the ball to, even from a tight spot. I think he’d fit in well with Klopp’s method