Page 443 of 659 FirstFirst ... 343393433436437438439440441442443444445446447448449450453493543 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by buck3y3nut View Post
    According to Patrick Berger - Chief Reporter at Sport1 via twitter
    Expected but I wish we'd sign him as well.

People keep going on about he is 5th choice etc but we have one CB on the whole who played no matter what that was Van Djik the others all played a role in our progress as a squad.

Its why we cant really compete in domestic cups as if we rest our main players we dont have much people will say if VVD/Konate we have Gomez/Matip we do but it not play out that way.

Kessie has some decent numbers for a CM at Milan and only has a year left on his contract but again AFCON.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Too much, not much point in our signing a player whose success and ability is built mostly on diving when we can't even get a free kick that should actually be one
    Maddison?

Or…bring in a proven CF and allow Firmino the AM role?

I’d be all over Grealish. Maddison isn’t as good. Grealish is very talented. Think klopp could make a monster out of him if he could get him to release it earlier on the right occasions.

Houssem Aouar will be available for £22m - £25m this summer following Lyon’s failure to qualify for the Champions League next season.
    [@lequipe

If that's true, we should be absolutely all over it.

Don't see us signing any of the English midfielders, too expensive and fancy Dan and not enough work rate in both directions, soft as shit too

The only I thought we might be interested in, this summer or next and possibly pay the big money signing any of the English mids would require is Rice
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Houssem Aouar will be available for £22m - £25m this summer following Lyon’s failure to qualify for the Champions League next season.
    [@lequipe

If that's true, we should be absolutely all over it.
    he is a hell of a player

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    he is a hell of a player
    At that price tag as well (if true) and being just 22 years old.

Having (some) younger players in the various units of the 25-man squad who have quality but can still learn more would be wonderful for the future.

For example Konate in defence, Aouar in midfield, Isak/Elliott in the attack would be a real step in the right direction in terms of squad age and future development. As much as the squad doesn't need a massive surgery of an overhaul, nothing lasts forever and succession planning is important if we want to maintain our success.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    As much as the squad doesn't need a massive surgery of an overhaul
    The squad does need something of a large overhaul in my opinion, our lack of strength in depth of genuine top quality options to bring in for certain opposition or types of opposition and to come on and genuinely have the ability to offer something different of very high quality that can change games in our favour desperately needs to be addressed.

CB - Looks done
    CM - Controller - Offering a bit more passing than Gini did with the same discipline, intelligence, athleticism and power
    CM - Attacking midfielder - Offering through balls, assists, goals, crossing, greater range of quality passing and dribbling
    FWD - Really need a No9/false 9 hybrid
    Young FWD - Need another option for LFWD RFWD ideally one of the highly talented and sought after but relatively inexpensive young options who have been notching up pretty good goals and assists ratios in other lesser leagues and have great pace dribbling and trickery - We really lack that at times, we really need a forward with fantastic pace, trickery and dribbling ability who also knows where the net is

Taiwo Awoniyi will be assessed this summer but offers from elsewhere might force the club's hands. It is understood the Reds would be looking for somewhere between £8-£10m for the centre-forward having initially rejected a £5m offer from Anderlecht. [Liverpool Echo]

Would be a pleasant surprise to top up our budget if we haven't overvalued him.

Got quite a bottleneck of unused talent to shift
    Awoniyi £10m
    Origi £15m
    Shaq £10m
    Wilson £10m
    Grujic £10m
    Keita £35m

Must be £90m ish there. Not going to be easy to shift them all mind. Would probably have a budget to bring in a couple of £40-50m players on top of Konate IF we can move them on