Page 445 of 659 FirstFirst ... 345395435438439440441442443444445446447448449450451452455495545 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm not 100% sure if the U21 players Elliott Neco and Jones count towards our homegrown contingent, think they count as youth and we can use them without them counting towards our squad of 25, so that would leave us with just 7, so Ox stays or we need one more, Kelleher joined us 6 years ago, so I'm sure he counts

Quite sure that was the thing with EU players, and that they didn't have to play and train with you or other English, Scottish or Welsh clubs, if you got them when under 18 you could even loan them abroad over 2 or 3 seasons and as they were your player they still counted as homegrown when they turned 21
    What about Robbo and NAT specifically? Are you absolutely sure of the rule?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    What about Robbo and NAT specifically? Are you absolutely sure of the rule?
    No
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Why do I have a feeling Coutinho will end up at Everton?

Robbo doesn't count

Found this list on an article

To complete the 25-man list, we’ll check out the HGPs available.

Goalkeepers: Kelleher*, Grabara*

Defenders: Gomez*, Alexander-Arnold*, Williams*, Phillips

Midfielders: Henderson, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones*

Forwards: Elliott

An asterisk (*) denotes players who are club-trained as well as homegrown, which is a ruling used for Champions League squads:

UEFA defines locally-trained or ‘homegrown’ players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. Up to half of the locally-trained players must be from the club itself, with the others being either from the club itself or from other clubs in the same association.

So by current UEFA rules, as long as we can get a work permit for a player considered as exceptional, we can still sign U15-U18 players and as long as they are trained at LFC for at least 3 years they will qualify as Homegrown
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 26th May 2021 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Found this list on an article

To complete the 25-man list, we’ll check out the HGPs available.

Goalkeepers: Kelleher*, Grabara*

Defenders: Gomez*, Alexander-Arnold*, Williams*, Phillips

Midfielders: Henderson, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones*

Forwards: Elliott

An asterisk (*) denotes players who are club-trained as well as homegrown, which is a ruling used for Champions League squads:

UEFA defines locally-trained or ‘homegrown’ players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. Up to half of the locally-trained players must be from the club itself, with the others being either from the club itself or from other clubs in the same association.

So by current UEFA rules, as long as we can get a work permit for a player considered as exceptional, we can still sign U15-U18 players and as long as they are trained at LFC for at least 3 years they will qualify as Homegrown
    Thanks 19x.
    But a link to a clear article on those rules would be most helpful to many on this forum.
    I have found it difficult to find such an official article.

And following on, we can only have 17 foreign nationals in our squad.
    Who are they/will they be?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    And following on, we can only have 17 foreign nationals in our squad.
    Who are they/will they be?
    Gini is leaving and I'm expecting Origi, Shaq, Keita, Minamino, Adrian and Karius to be shipped out, which would leave us with 5 spots for foreign national players

GK Alisson
    FB Tsimikas Robertson
    CB Virgil Konate Matip
    CM Thiago Fabinho
    FWD Salah Bobby Mane Jota

BREAKING: Antonio Conte has left Inter Milan by mutual consent

spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    At that price tag as well (if true) and being just 22 years old.

Having (some) younger players in the various units of the 25-man squad who have quality but can still learn more would be wonderful for the future.

For example Konate in defence, Aouar in midfield, Isak/Elliott in the attack would be a real step in the right direction in terms of squad age and future development. As much as the squad doesn't need a massive surgery of an overhaul, nothing lasts forever and succession planning is important if we want to maintain our success.
    Alisson/Kelleher
    Trent/Neco Gomez Konate Robbo
    Aour Fabinho Jones
    Elliot Mbappe Jota

Sign Aouor and Mbappe soon then Ali, Fab and Robbo will be our senior lads in a few seasons.