Page 450 of 659 FirstFirst ... 350400440443444445446447448449450451452453454455456457460500550 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

David Alaba has signed his contract with Real Madrid, until 2026.

He will be getting paid £412,000 a week.

Must be nice having the Spanish Government bail you out of the shitter on the sly.

Absolute chancers.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Just to add fuel to the fire of selling-before-buying, we have the following midfielders under contract

Fabinho
    Henderson
    Thiago
    Milner
    Keita
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Jones
    Grujic
    Woodburn

Nine is too many - you want six, maybe seven in our case while Ox+Keita are here due to their injury woes.

You'd imagine we would hope to free up Grujic and Woodburn ASAP to open up a slot for someone reliable (bringing us from 9 to 7) then trying to move one of Ox or Keita to get a replacement in for the departing player.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If we manage our CBs much better next season and make sure we give them all minutes without overplaying any of the injury prone ones, always having 2 CBs who are dominant in the air at defending and attacking set pieces is going to be absolutely huge for us and Trent and Robbo

Always having 2 CBs available who are quick, strong, aggressive front foot defenders, great in one v one situations and great positionally and at reading the game, step into midfield to dispossess forwards looking to play between midfield and defence, drive the ball forward to cause stubborn opposition to have to break their lines and are great with the ball is also going to be absolutely huge for us.

Of all of them, from everything I have seen, Konate's passing is the best, because through his development to date he operated at CB and RB and that shows in his range of passing, plays the long diagonals and balls over the top and some very good balls through midfield as Virgil and Matip both do, but from his experience at RB he has high quality switches from right to left in his locker, which have long been a feature of Liepzig's play and that absolutely works for us
    Maybe that has been man city plan regarding CBs?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd be pleasantly surprised to see us doing more business right away and rather imagine we will wait until one or two of Shaqiri/Minamino/Origi/Ox/Keita have departure fees agreed.
    We might hopefully be able to sneak another one in prior to any departures, maybe Soumare 18m for a player of his quality and ability is an absolute snip and also building for the longterm future and he can play LCM, No6 or RCM, it's a no risk risk signing at 18m, because his value is only going to increase, but we will have to offload, Origi, Shaq, Keita, Oxlade, Minamino, Wilson and Grujic to fund the rest

So, Mr Edwards has his work cut out, because Jurgen wants all his new signings in for pre-season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

How much does kounate look like yaya toure when carrying and passing the ball. He looks like a complete and utter beast of a player.
    Last edited by eggy81; 28th May 2021 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    How much does kounate look like yaya toure when carting and passing the ball. He looks like a complete and utter beast of a player b
    He is a beast

Need to learn our lesson about passing up on the best emerging talent, we missed out on Florian Wirtz last summer and that isn't looking a clever miss right now

Just seen a typically British article rating Dias as the top defender in the world after one Premier League season in which every other team bar 2 was massively understrength and at lower performance levels than normal, while City were at full strength, checked his stats v Virgil's stats in 19-20 in which unsurprisingly show Virgil to be twice the player Dias will ever be, absolutely eclipsing him of practically every positive stat, almost doubling him on most, with Dias almost doubling Virigl on negative stats, Dias is a very good defender no doubt, but he has a VERY long way to go before being considered as even in the World's top 10 defenders, let alone 1st

I'd have Dias at Liverpool in a heartbeat, that would be a formidable partnership with Van Dijk.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    David Alaba has signed his contract with Real Madrid, until 2026.

He will be getting paid £412,000 a week.

Must be nice having the Spanish Government bail you out of the shitter on the sly.

Absolute chancers.
    Of all the players to splurge a £100 million + contract on Alaba would not be high on my list