Page 451 of 659 FirstFirst ... 351401441444445446447448449450451452453454455456457458461501551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Just seen a typically British article rating Dias as the top defender in the world after one Premier League season in which every other team bar 2 was massively understrength and at lower performance levels than normal, while City were at full strength, checked his stats v Virgil's stats in 19-20 in which unsurprisingly show Virgil to be twice the player Dias will ever be, absolutely eclipsing him of practically every positive stat, almost doubling him on most, with Dias almost doubling Virigl on negative stats, Dias is a very good defender no doubt, but he has a VERY long way to go before being considered as even in the World's top 10 defenders, let alone 1st
    Early days yet but he does look to have great potential. I’d say he was the best this season alright. Fully expect Virgil to roar back next season mind.

Fabrizio Romano says we've started negotiations with Fabinho to extend his contract.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Fabrizio Romano says we've started negotiations with Fabinho to extend his contract.
    Who is he Sid ?

If we manage our CBs much better next season and make sure we give them all minutes without overplaying any of the injury prone ones, always having 2 CBs who are dominant in the air at defending and attacking set pieces is going to be absolutely huge for us and Trent and Robbo

Always having 2 CBs available who are quick, strong, aggressive front foot defenders, great in one v one situations and great positionally and at reading the game, step into midfield to dispossess forwards looking to play between midfield and defence, drive the ball forward to cause stubborn opposition to have to break their lines and are great with the ball is also going to be absolutely huge for us.

Of all of them, from everything I have seen, Konate's passing is the best, because through his development to date he operated at CB and RB and that shows in his range of passing, plays the long diagonals and balls over the top and some very good balls through midfield as Virgil and Matip both do, but from his experience at RB he has high quality switches from right to left in his locker, which have long been a feature of Liepzig's play and that absolutely works for us
    I think Klopp needs to be better next season at rotation in general - that is one of my few criticisms of his.

When you don't rotate enough you inevitably get injuries/burnout and those that come in to replace them are usually underdone fitness wise and then they get injured which just compounds everything.

Surely some of the squad players are good enough to make the odd appearance to boost their own fitness while giving others a rest.

For example, when you have 4 good players like Salah Mane Firmino and Jota, you could rotate so that one of those players starts every fourth match on the bench.

Even with Wijnaldum leaving there is still Hendo Fabinho Thiago Milner Keita Ox and Jones in midfield. There are enough numbers there to give one of the first three a rest every few games.

In defence there will be Van Dijk Konate Gomez Matip and hopefully Phillips and Williams or Davies. Again enough numbers to rotate. And if Tsimikas isn't good enough to make the odd appearance then bring someone in who is.

Our squad isn't strong enough to rotate 5-6 players at a time like City can but I feel like Klopp can do a lot better in this regard to keep players fresh and hungry

I think Mancity were more defensive this/last season they went in with 2 holding midfielders gave more to protection their back line.Gündoğan scored a lot of goals. and hes basically a midfielder playing up front.. It will be interesting to see if their goals dry up. They maybe defensively stronger. But some games they may only draw next season.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Of all the players to splurge a £100 million + contract on Alaba would not be high on my list
    Exactly. Greedy cunt. Taylor made for that shithouse club. No way hes worth that sort of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I've read that in numerous places too, all good as long as Jurgen does what he talked about 'coaching players# and fucking stops him charging to wherever the ball is when he needs to stay where the fuck he is on many occasions

Honestly, that Jurgen and the coaches appear to have done zero work on Fab's destroyer nature and sat him down with the analysis team and Hendo to detail all the instances he does it and educate him as to what he should be doing in the vast majority of those situations is really fucking pissing me off, it's fucking scandalous, probably THE poorest thing from Jurgen and the entire coaching team

Fab will be in his fourth season next season, that issue of him being a destroyer and not a DM has categorically not been improved by the coaching and analysis staff, I don't blame Fab, but to me there's a very simple principle involved in this, if your ideal as a manager is to play and high line with a high press and counter press in a lot of games, in some specific games or situations and that entails leaving 3v3 at the back, with one of those 3 being your No6, you CANNOT afford to have a No6 go blindly charging to the ball, not know when to stay and when to go and not take up the best possible positions, it is absolutely critical, I wish to God they would just educate and coach the lad so it gets fixed and I can stop fucking moaning about it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I've read that in numerous places too, all good as long as Jurgen does what he talked about 'coaching players# and fucking stops him charging to wherever the ball is when he needs to stay where the fuck he is on many occasions

Honestly, that Jurgen and the coaches appear to have done zero work on Fab's destroyer nature and sat him down with the analysis team and Hendo to detail all the instances he does it and educate him as to what he should be doing in the vast majority of those situations is really fucking pissing me off, it's fucking scandalous, probably THE poorest thing from Jurgen and the entire coaching team

Fab will be in his fourth season next season, that issue of him being a destroyer and not a DM has categorically not been improved by the coaching and analysis staff, I don't blame Fab, but to me there's a very simple principle involved in this, if your ideal as a manager is to play and high line with a high press and counter press in a lot of games, in some specific games or situations and that entails leaving 3v3 at the back, with one of those 3 being your No6, you CANNOT afford to have a No6 go blindly charging to the ball, not know when to stay and when to go and not take up the best possible positions, it is absolutely critical, I wish to God they would just educate and coach the lad so it gets fixed and I can stop fucking moaning about it
    Yeah I hope they take on board what you're saying as we are all sick as fuck of you "fucking moaning about it". Lolz etc.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Early days yet but he does look to have great potential. I’d say he was the best this season alright. Fully expect Virgil to roar back next season mind.
    He does look to have great potential, he played a very good season in a team/squad that given they can field 2 entirely different teams that are better than every other team in the league's best 11 other than ours and Chelsea's and every other team except Chelsea and the the filthy had lots of injuries and/or were well below their usual levels because they were playing 2 games a week a lot of the season when they're not used to it, it wasn't really that impressive

Typical lazy know nothing UK 442 shithouse 'journalism', if you can even call it that, when I compared his numbers to Virgil's the prior 2 seasons, Virgil's numbers absolutely destroyed Rias', whose numbers didn't look like anything approaching a top 10 world CB let alone the No1

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeah I hope they take on board what you're saying as we are all sick as fuck of you "fucking moaning about it". Lolz etc.
    I know, but it just fucking bugs me, we have a really REALLY fucking good player in Fab, who does have his destroyer nature issues to go blindly charging to wherever the ball is and it cause issues for us, why can't they just fucking coach him and educate him, then we can have a fucking brilliant player? How hard can it be, what needs fixing isn't rocket science, it could be very VERY simply explained and laid out for him using footage and with some guidance from our master presser Hendo, so just bloody fix it