Page 452 of 659 FirstFirst ... 352402442445446447448449450451452453454455456457458459462502552 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Not that it looks at all likely to happen, which seems barmy to me with a fee rising to potentially 18m for a beast of a young player like Soumare whose value will only increase, but defensively he's very good, very good at recoveries, very good at position recovery quickly moving his position when a team mate breaks their mid press, be really REALLY fucking nice to see one of our midfielders sprinting full pelt with considerable pace and urgency to get back in the event our press gets broken rather than not seeing Fab even arriving in shot as they score from one of his blind charges

Good medium to long passing, excellent at driving the ball forward, final ball to release the forwards with a shorter ball when he has driven forward brilliantly absolutely needs some work mind, but that's the only thing that needs some serious attention and lets be honest, Gini didn't consistently cover himself in glory with those passes either, but playing at LCM or RCM I think he will compliment Fab and be better able to deal with his destroyer charges and plug any gaps quickly or get back after and catch a player better when needed

I think we may play just a little deeper next season, with one half stays one goes from the full backs, the thing with our high press and counter press, is most of our goals come through a perfectly weight ball over the top to release one of the forwards or a switch to release either full back or inside forward in combination with each other, or from winning the second ball from those attempted balls very high and catching teams out of position when they're trying to come out

Playing just a little deeper seemed to really bring the best out of Thiago's passing ability, because keeping the game played so the pitch is 10 yards longer gives all our players a little more room to operate and to make runs into, Trent got released a lot arriving from nowhere like a fucking express train down our right
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Have you mentioned Soumare to Jurgen?

hes got a great record for scoring goals from midfield 82 apps 1 goal for Lille
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Who is he Sid ?
    Italian journalist, young enough (still in his 20s I think) who does work for Sky Italia.

Isn't 100% reliable, but none of them are. Has a better record than most though, particularly when it comes to early negotiations, medicals that have already happened, deals in principle made weeks before announcements and so on.

He broke the Konate news early, think he was the first to report the Fabinho transfer before it happened as well.

When he reports stuff it's generally more likely to be accurate than not. So I'm glad to see him say we've entered negotiations with Fabinho, as we likely have.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Italian journalist, young enough (still in his 20s I think) who does work for Sky Italia.

Isn't 100% reliable, but none of them are. Has a better record than most though, particularly when it comes to early negotiations, medicals that have already happened, deals in principle made weeks before announcements and so on.

He broke the Konate news early, think he was the first to report the Fabinho transfer before it happened as well.

When he reports stuff it's generally more likely to be accurate than not. So I'm glad to see him say we've entered negotiations with Fabinho, as we likely have.
    Thanks Sid.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Thanks Sid.
    No worries!

Pearce has reported the club's valuations of a few lads -

Origi - £20m
    Wilson - £15m
    Grujic - £15m
    Awoniyi - £8m

Totalling £58m.

Personally I think those are rather ambitious in the current market. I really appreciate that Edwards+FSG have the intention of us not getting fleeced for players and that we should be consistent with that so as not to be low-balled, but occasionally "needs must" and I think if we were to go roughly as follows -

Origi - £14m
    Wilson - £11m
    Grujic - £11m
    Awoniyi - £6m

Totalling £42m

- then we would be much more likely to recoup some money and would have enough to purchase a decent option for the front three (we have 4/6 really good players, a 5th is ideal to me) or to get a midfielder.

Some reports suggest we aren't in for a midfielder (spreading Wijnaldum's minutes across Jones/Keita/Ox/Milner presumably) but I would be surprised if that's true and imagine the club are aiming to advertise we aren't "desperate" for a midfielder so that we ourselves don't get fleeced by a club.

If we didn't sign someone (for midfield) then the view must be that Thiago is the "replacement" for Gini and that he arrived a year early - though with Henderson's niggles, Milner's reducing capacity to player multiple games in a row, Jones needing a bit more development yet (think he sees a lot of minutes this season coming to try and get him this) and the injury records of Ox and Keita, I feel it would be unwise to neglect the midfield in terms of reinforcement.

Contract extensions for -

Mohamed Salah
    Van Dijk
    Fabinho
    Alisson Becker
    Trent Alexander-Arnold
    Andy Robertson

- would be very much welcomed.

We need two more midfielders and a forward to add to the konate signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Contract extensions for -

Mohamed Salah
    Van Dijk
    Fabinho
    Alisson Becker
    Trent Alexander-Arnold
    Andy Robertson

- would be very much welcomed.
    It would be very welcome indeed

I don't think 20m for Origi is unfair.
    The rest might be ambitious but Big Div is worth 20m no sweat.