Page 457 of 659 FirstFirst ... 357407447450451452453454455456457458459460461462463464467507557 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Wonder which side Coutinho will be loaned to this year.

I think if he plays another 10 games for Barca, the company we sold the debt to is due another £20m. So they will likely seek to to avoid him clocking up those 10 extra games, thus not having to pay aforementioned £20m.

Everton? Spurs?
    He'd be a good fit for Everton

Ghana U-20 star Fatawu Abdul Issahaku has signed a 5-year deal for English giants Liverpool FC from local side, Steadfast FC.
    Fee rumoured to be around £1.5m

Fatawu was minutes away from joining Bayer Leverkusen last week. The 17-yo was voted as MVP of last Afcon U20.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Ousmane Dembele is entering the last year of his contract, yes?

Made 30 League appearances this season, so may be "on the up" when it comes to his injury woes.

At 24 he is still young as well.

I think we might need a purple book thread for your scouting/links and to record 19s player identification.

Seems to be a few doubters about 19s claims, all I know is he rates chukwuzzee and Quaresma

Raphinha anyone?
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I think we might need a purple book thread for your scouting/links and to record 19s player identification.
    Hahaha I love links to young/promising players much moreso than the finished article. I can't entirely encapsulate why, but I think "journeys" and "growth" in general interest me, maybe something that stems from my interest in Nature from such a young age, or my longing for sustainability, I'm really not sure. Maybe it's my inner meritocrat projecting onto Football. Who knows.

I love that we are trying to ensure there's a next generation of talent coming through though. Bodes well for the future. If you develop them and they're absolutely excellent, you've saved a fortune, which can be used to further develop your ambitions (might be players, might be wages, might be part of a stand, might be contract extension for a Manager, might be more scouts somewhere like India) and if you've developed them and they're good (but not QUITE good enough for us) you can sell, with a view to re-investing in your team.

It's the same with selling players on while they still have value, but you make a calculated gamble that you've gotten the best from them - Chelsea with Hazard (£103.5million, rising to just over £140million) or Atletico with Griezmann (£107m) are prime examples of this - it doesn't mean you sell EVERY player of course, but you pick-and-choose, based on analytics, who you can afford to let go of.

Quote Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
    Raphinha anyone?
    He is a good player but I think we need a forward who gets more goals.

He would cost £50m as well that is alot for someone who is not nailed on to start most games.

If we had City money then my answer is yes !

Well, I'm looking forward to at least another 3 exciting transfers this summer, with Edwards getting the players in very early in the transfer window so Jurgen has them for pre-season training

I'm absolutely delighted we've landed Konate, finally having 3 top quality commanding centre backs is brilliant for us and brilliant for Trent and Robbo too, can't wait for next season already, it will be great for our fabled analysis team to finally get back to doing something constructive in analysing set pieces 'in game'
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Ghana U-20 star Fatawu Abdul Issahaku has signed a 5-year deal for English giants Liverpool FC from local side, Steadfast FC.
    Fee rumoured to be around £1.5m
    That's one move hijacked at the last minute, Soumare next?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It would be amazing if we should pick up a young talent with bags of potential that make the odd sub with little pressure next season.

On another note, its amazing how some players fail/thrive in certain clubs/leagues.
    "Iago Aspas -- is the seventh player to score at least 14 goals in each one of the last six seasons after Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Harry Kane, Lewandowski, Mohamed Salah and Suarez."

That's some company.