Page 460 of 659 FirstFirst ... 360410450453454455456457458459460461462463464465466467470510560 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

We need to look to the future, not the past, Coutinho is no longer the player who played for us, not even half that player and neither is Suarez, we're partly in this position because of the sentimentality we've shown regarding certain squad players who never fitted how we played or offered enough and as harsh as it may be, there's no place for sentimentality at a club looking to win top honours and make constant progression and evolution
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Ghana U-20 star Fatawu Abdul Issahaku has signed a 5-year deal for English giants Liverpool FC from local side, Steadfast FC
    He won't be playing for us any time soon because he won't get a work permit

Loaning him to Sporting is they have an interest in him would be the smart move, they have an exceptional track record of developing young players, attacking midfielders in particular

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I believe that debt was sold to a third party so makes no difference.
    I will try to find a link to that info.
    I touched on that briefly on page 456 but the thread is an absolute Monster these days so info is easily missed!

Marcel Sabitzer only has one year left on his contract.

Not seen him linked.

I touched on that briefly on page 456 but the thread is an absolute Monster these days so info is easily missed!
    Posted this link on p459 Sid
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/philippe-coutinho-liverpool-barcelona-19700776
    The full financial implications of the Covid virus are yet to unfold. If coutinho and suarez should return do you think it would be astute not only financially but also help maintain/improve our momentum whilst developing other new signings?

Tic tock tic tock

This is currently our best line up following Gini's departure

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Thiago Fabinho Henderson

Salah Frimino/Jota Mane

Midfield needs urgently addressing, firstly Hendo is comfortably our best No6, by a considerable distance, secondly, both Hendo and Fabinho have suffered medium term injuries in both of the last 2 seasons, we need a new signing who can play the Gini controller role and DM and we still need to get shut of Shaqiri, Ox and Keita and sign that elusive more attacking CM who can play LCM or RCM who we have had numerous failed attempts at signing one who actually works and produces what we need in the position

For me our best line up isn't the line up above, it's just the best we could put out following Gini leaving, but it's far from ideal, I think it would work because we'd have the benefit of both Hendo's and Thiago's better medium to long range passing and I think he can bring more to the controller role than Gini did because he plays and can play passes that Gini couldn't or didn't.

If we were to start the season like that and not get the 2 Cms in we need, well, we'd be even weaker in midfield and taking a far greater risk in that area than we did starting last season with just 3 senior CBs, both Hendo and Fab have both had medium term injuries in both of the last 2 seasons, if either was to have an injury, the quality we have in our squad players is a massive drop and would cause us issues, if both were to pick up knocks, we'd be in a world of trouble, with no No6 and no controller

yes I was aware of that arrangement although I haven't stopped to work out if this offer could still be true or viable. I think they will still owe us another £18 if he plays a few more games for them.

Marcel Sabitzer only has one year left on his contract.

Not seen him linked.
    At least he wont have to wash his own hands during a pandemic
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We need to look to the future, not the past, Coutinho is no longer the player who played for us, not even half that player and neither is Suarez, we're partly in this position because of the sentimentality we've shown regarding certain squad players who never fitted how we played or offered enough and as harsh as it may be, there's no place for sentimentality at a club looking to win top honours and make constant progression and evolution
    Spot On.

That's why I did suggest loan if possible, that wouldn't be the end of the world

Depends if we have the money to splash out on that kinda player otherwise, and if we can find a younger version of him, because we could do with someone like that imo