Page 461 of 659 FirstFirst ... 361411451454455456457458459460461462463464465466467468471511561 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We need to look to the future, not the past, Coutinho is no longer the player who played for us, not even half that player and neither is Suarez, we're partly in this position because of the sentimentality we've shown regarding certain squad players who never fitted how we played or offered enough and as harsh as it may be, there's no place for sentimentality at a club looking to win top honours and make constant progression and evolution
    The argument against this is easy enough to make. It's a free transfer, without taxation and inflated agentes fees. He is still one of the best players in the world. Jurgen could make good use of him. Can play in a role similar to Firmino, which is looking like a problem area at present. He knows the Premiership, the club and many of the players as well as the manager. He's at a decent age, more or less in his prime.
    None of those are sentimental or backwards looking reasons for bringing him back.

I doubt it would happen but I think it would be really exciting if it did.

Coutinho time is up when it comes to our club.. I don't actually think hes all that great.. Good player but we can do better .
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Coutinho time is up when it comes to our club.. I don't actually think hes all that great.. Good player but we can do better .
    If he wasn't scoring a worldie, his contributions were very little imo. Glad we sold him, I'm sure Klopp is too.

He was outstanding before he went to Barca - but it really really isn’t easy to play at Camp Nou ...especially with the Messi ‘arrangement’ - so many find that. We won’t come close to finding anyone capable of similar without blowing a massive amount which is risky at this time.

As Taksin said - unlikely to happen but I would be made up if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He was outstanding before he went to Barca - but it really really isn’t easy to play at Camp Nou ...especially with the Messi ‘arrangement’ - so many find that. We won’t come close to finding anyone capable of similar without blowing a massive amount which is risky at this time.

He was never the same after his "back injury ".

Would never buy him.

Loan with Barca having to pay some of his wages - maybe. My inner troll does like the idea of us beating them over two legs with Phil netting a winner against them.

Kind of a final insult. Before the final (final) insult of the loan ending and us saying "yeah, won't be buying, thanks though" once the season is up - and making a bid for Fati.

Would be better than other options we currently have that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

This ought to be a cautionary tale for a certain Georginio fellla.

Especially if he ends up finding that the manager he thinks he's going to play for has been given the boot and someone new with his own ideas comes in (much like happened in Phil's case) who doesn't see or use him the same way he was so effective for us the the Netherlands.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Tic tock tic tock

This is currently our best line up following Gini's departure

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Thiago Fabinho Henderson

Salah Frimino/Jota Mane

Midfield needs urgently addressing, firstly Hendo is comfortably our best No6, by a considerable distance, secondly, both Hendo and Fabinho have suffered medium term injuries in both of the last 2 seasons, we need a new signing who can play the Gini controller role and DM and we still need to get shut of Shaqiri, Ox and Keita and sign that elusive more attacking CM who can play LCM or RCM who we have had numerous failed attempts at signing one who actually works and produces what we need in the position

For me our best line up isn't the line up above, it's just the best we could put out following Gini leaving, but it's far from ideal, I think it would work because we'd have the benefit of both Hendo's and Thiago's better medium to long range passing and I think he can bring more to the controller role than Gini did because he plays and can play passes that Gini couldn't or didn't.

If we were to start the season like that and not get the 2 Cms in we need, well, we'd be even weaker in midfield and taking a far greater risk in that area than we did starting last season with just 3 senior CBs, both Hendo and Fab have both had medium term injuries in both of the last 2 seasons, if either was to have an injury, the quality we have in our squad players is a massive drop and would cause us issues, if both were to pick up knocks, we'd be in a world of trouble, with no No6 and no controller
    Can you extol the virtue of your midfield arrangement ?

I'm really surprised you've gone for thiago on the right !

Would have thought youd have gone

Alisson
    Taa anyonebutgomez VVD Robbo
    Fabinho Hendo Thiago
    Salah Bobby/Mbop Mane

Having Hendo at 6, Fabinho right to cover Trent, seeing as fab has done rather well at rb/rcb and would be freed to go on search and destroy missions.
    Leaving Thiago to develop play and somewhat benefited by having Robbo and Mane on his flank, even VVD behind.

I'm in with 19 and Skyebo regarding Phil.

Rather we signed someone better and younger.

2/1 for Mbappe, wouldn't that be nice