Page 464 of 659 FirstFirst ... 364414454457458459460461462463464465466467468469470471474514564 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I give Firmino about 2 outta 10 for last season. he was terrible and we can do better..I would keep him but not as a starter
    Yes but you think players are just running around if they aren't scoring or assisting, he was directly involved in 16 goals and we scored 68 so directly involved in almost 25% of our all our Premier League goals, but you'd give him 2 'outta 10' Don't worry Bobby will still start plenty of games next season, it will depend on the opposition and whether or not it's a game Jurgen thinks is better suited to 433 or 4312, I expect Bobby will start a lot of the big games when there's more space because both teams actually attack and we need our false 9 helping out midfield more
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Fucking Konate man, sooo sooo fucking pleased we've signed him, really looking forward to seeing him and Big Virgil playing together, Konate's class man

Now Edwards needs tp get his finger out and get the 2 CMs and the 2 forwards in lively for pre-season, then we're ready to roll
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 1st June 2021 at 04:40 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    How was I slighting Jota by listing the number of Premier League goals he scored exactly?

Also, they were all scoring or assisting in the opening third and the end third and all struggling in the middle third of the season, so nobody covered themselves in glory in 13 or 14 games in the middle of the season in which the whole team played poorly, so for balance, Jota was injured for those 14 games, the whole team played poorly because that was the period that started immediately after Matip was injured and we started having to play CMs at CB and having to try and find a way to play differently
    Ok perhaps slighting is the wrong word - but when the raw numbers are put down without the minutes played - and assists are added as though they are on a par with goals - the skew seems huge.

Some assists can be put in the bracket of eclipsing a goal BUT this is most often the opposite. Also the preceding pass is almost as likely to be the killer ba as the assist yet it doesn’t feature in the stats.

Most often an assist is simply the final ball played to a player who then has plenty of work to do to finish. Goals on the other hand are the vital marker - certainly for a forward IMO.

We could have forwards who assist a ton and who each score 9 goals in 3,300 mins (36 games worth of mins) and we would struggle. 27 maybe 28 goals for the front line combined over a league season.

But if we have 3 forwards with very modest assists but each score 13 goals in 1,700 mins (18 games worth of minutes)

We see each of the 3 with a tally of 26 goals a season... 78 goals a season combined over a league season.

I will admit - I am obsessed with finishing.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st June 2021 at 08:49 AM.

Yes but you think players are just running around if they aren't scoring or assisting, he was directly involved in 16 goals and we scored 68 so directly involved in almost 25% of our all our Premier League goals, but you'd give him 2 'outta 10' Don't worry Bobby will still start plenty of games next season, it will depend on the opposition and whether or not it's a game Jurgen thinks is better suited to 433 or 4312, I expect Bobby will start a lot of the big games when there's more space because both teams actually attack and we need our false 9 helping out midfield more
    You can run around for 10 years and do nothing..Firmino is in the team to score goals. Again if he only gets 8/9 goals next season we wont win the title.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Personally I love Bobby - and am desperate for him to rediscover his form. He still offers so much and does score at vital times.

What really gripes is that we all know how much better he can be. It’s been a long time now and without that special relationship with Jurgen or another option pre Jota - he would have seen plenty of the bench last few seasons. It needs addressing.

Konate signed.

Yes because it isn't based on the league table, it's a league table of our forwards only for goals or assists in all our Prem games which significantly contributed to our getting 3 points or 1 point and yes, the forwards involved do all get 3 points for a goal or assist that made a significant contribution to the outcome of the game
    Although if Leicester had done their job and won then every goal would have counted the same.

Now Edwards needs tp get his finger out and get the 2 CMs and the 2 forwards in lively for pre-season, then we're ready to roll
    Everyone's different, but if you're the sort to let expectations not being met get you down, you're probably best tempering those thoughts a touch.

I'd be gobsmacked (delighted of course!) if we did that level of business.

If anything (not that I agree with this outlook) it's easy to imagine us not getting a Gini replacement as "the presence of Konate means we won't have to take Fab or Hendo out of midfield at any stage, so we're covered" - I'd be really, really underwhelmed if it pans out that way, but stranger things have happened.

Excluding youth signings, I think we'll be aiming to get one midfielder and one forward in, with as much as possible funded by sales. Would be very surprised to see us going for 2 of each.

Ancelotti gone back to Madrid. Ha ha. Ffs. Classic

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Ancelotti gone back to Madrid. Ha ha. Ffs. Classic
    Quite shocked at that, they won't get a bigger name than him as manager.