Page 466 of 659 FirstFirst ... 366416456459460461462463464465466467468469470471472473476516566 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Aren't barca meant to have a top youth system? maybe use youth...... if you really are in a pickle can't really feel bad for them when they carry on
    La Masia ain't what it used to be. It's one of Barcelona's biggest problems at the moment. Also that spell they had of buying their way out of trouble hasn't exactly been a visible demonstration to young players that they will get game time there, so younger talent is less likely to stay anyway.

That's one thing I love about us using Williams+Williams, or Jones, or indeed Trent when he first broke through - if we bring talent through they're that bit more likely to try and stay plus we are also an attractive destination for a young player.

I guess Uefas fair play thingy is out of the window..Man-city are going to spend 100s of millions this summer if you believe the rumours. having spent 125 million last summer during a pandemic
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I guess Uefas fair play thingy is out of the window..Man-city are going to spend 100s of millions this summer if you believe the rumours. having spent 125 million last summer during a pandemic
    A couple of reporters (this was a few weeks ago) were suggesting that behind-closed-doors they are still essentially under investigation, though with the amount of money at the Sheikh's disposal and UEFA being a corrupt organisation, I doubt anything will come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A couple of reporters (this was a few weeks ago) were suggesting that behind-closed-doors they are still essentially under investigation, though with the amount of money at the Sheikh's disposal and UEFA being a corrupt organisation, I doubt anything will come of it.
    Its bleeding pointless, I don't really care how much they spend. But if theres rules everyone follows. everyone should be forced to follow it.Pep is just a check book manager.. How many players does he need?.
    The wages is what keeps the players happy with not playing. and who knows how much they are paid? thats off the books as well.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its bleeding pointless, I don't really care how much they spend. But if theres rules everyone follows. everyone should be forced to follow it
    Preaching to the choir - it's really frustrating what's going on.

Eric Garcia back to barca on a free..... man city rejected a 15m bid last year from them for him, I suppose what's 15m to man city??

So that's Eric garcia, wij(most likely) and Aguero all on frees?

Still don't understand meant to be proper broke but you telling me their wages are next to nothing, no signing on fees, no agent fees?

Aren't barca meant to have a top youth system? maybe use youth...... if you really are in a pickle can't really feel bad for them when they carry on
    Fati and Pedri look like future superstars to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Sizeist..!

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    true but I think they've got some other decent youngsters that aren't as known yet, why not play them??

instead of signing past it players on huge wages like aguero

I mean wij isn't past it but he is no spring chicken anymore either, and has played a lot of football in his career he'll decline sooner than later.

true but I think they've got some other decent youngsters that aren't as known yet, why not play them?
    Results business.

Have to be seen to be challenging Real Madrid and Atletico.

Take Man United. In terms of value (and I don't mean being "cheap" by that, I mean what you get for your money) and how they operate, they really don't get anything like what they should out of their squad in terms of -

- Fees paid
    - Wages provided

They could do with a total revamp where they place more faith in youth, buy younger players that aren't seen as being at their peak yet etc and probably still finish Top Four - but their short-term thinking fans (particularly those in their 30s or so who only witnessed constant trophies in the 90s and early 00s) haven't the patience for such a project and the entitlement seems to be rife throughout the club set-up as well. They're all about big names and who is "in".

They will always seek to buy someone like Harry Kane, who ultimately is ONE centre-forward - and would probably be happy to spend about £140m to say "look who we got!!!" rather than spend about £100m on Firmino, Mane and Salah, who we acquired BEFORE the Real Madrid/Barcelona/PSG types would have thought to buy them.

Man United should be one of the easiest jobs in World Football but their fans hold them back through expectation - Barca and Real Madrid have similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Results business.

Have to be seen to be challenging Real Madrid and Atletico.

Take Man United. In terms of value (and I don't mean being "cheap" by that, I mean what you get for your money) and how they operate, they really don't get anything like what they should out of their squad in terms of -

- Fees paid
    - Wages provided

They could do with a total revamp where they place more faith in youth, buy younger players that aren't seen as being at their peak yet etc and probably still finish Top Four - but their short-term thinking fans (particularly those in their 30s or so who only witnessed constant trophies in the 90s and early 00s) haven't the patience for such a project and the entitlement seems to be rife throughout the club set-up as well. They're all about big names and who is "in".

They will always seek to buy someone like Harry Kane, who ultimately is ONE centre-forward - and would probably be happy to spend about £140m to say "look who we got!!!" rather than spend about £100m on Firmino, Mane and Salah, who we acquired BEFORE the Real Madrid/Barcelona/PSG types would have thought to buy them.

Man United should be one of the easiest jobs in World Football but their fans hold them back through expectation - Barca and Real Madrid have similar issues.
    The fans at old Trafford are just like anywhere else. Once they have success they don't expect it to stop. I never thought we would go 30 years in between titles. Fans are greedy and don't like it when another team comes along and bags the trophies that they took for granted.