Page 468 of 659 FirstFirst ... 368418458461462463464465466467468469470471472473474475478518568 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Last bit of Steveos post there. Bang on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We won a CL and a title because we have the best manager in the world. Capable of galvanising almost any group to punch way way about their weight
    In which case we don’t need good owners. Your logic is always is skewed to fit your belief. I don’t mind that - what I mind is you say these things as if they are absolute truth, which isn’t a good fit for a discussion forum. All you would need to say is ‘In my opinion’ and you could be accepted for being an eccentric with a bee in his bonnet.

Jota and Thiago can be said to be good signings (and evidence of ongoing investment) from a slightly more reasonable viewpoint. ‘Borderline panic buys’ is a phrase straight out of your most ill-intentioned fantasies.

By the way, I’ve just read that the Werner transfer was pulled as the selling club were not happy spreading the payments. The spreading of payments is clearly one aspect of how these massive cash outlays are organised today, partly to manage resources but also to conform with FFP rules. If the club can’t strike a deal that suits its model and financial planning. I’d say it was wise to look elsewhere. We can all see with hindsight that perhaps Werner was not the only or even the best solution to our problems, even if forumites were getting themselves all excited at the time.

One key fact is that Klopp understands and supports that project. I know you want to believe he is being starved of what we wants, but he never seems to indicate that your belief is correct.

And now this team is has not only been punching above their weight. They have been punching way above their weight. I couldn’t disagree more. I would say the team has been really well put together and is full of talent.

You just suspect I am right and you don’t like it.

That’s fine - but don’t keep covering for the owners.

They have been totally inept.

And Taksin 30 minutes after I amended my post you have divorced a snippet to take on.

What’s that about? You took issue with my claim of negligence - nothing you have stated in anyway counters that point.

The model you refer to is bollox fella. The game is about winning. It’s not about being some brilliantly profitable franchise which the owner has no need to invest in. Who does that benefit exactly? You? It’s so bloomin simple. They should stick to football - make sure the manager has the squad needed to compete on all fronts and stop looking for book balancing and business modelling. This is Liverpool FC FFS!

We want to dominate. Or don’t you care?
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd June 2021 at 09:05 PM.

The model you refer to is bollox fella. The game is about winning. It’s not about being some brilliantly profitable franchise which the owner has no need to invest in.
    Barcelona have been winning plenty but they are a billion pounds in debt. A billion.

That’s a model isn’t it. I’m not sure how happy I’d be if that happened to LFC. How would you feel?

I’m not sure if your able to hold a thought in your head that isn’t the same thought you want to hold there.

And Taksin 30 minutes after I amended my post you have divorced a snippet to take on.

What’s that about?
    I was on the phone to my mum

They have been totally inept.
    You do realise this is very much a fringe position to take, don’t you? It’s virtually a tin foil hat wearer’s reading of the situation.

Stop cutting up posts. It’s barbaric.

Don’t worry about a Barcelona. They will be just fine.

Please leave that to those who think they know what is going on. Why would we even care. Debt is not a problem right now - in fact it is a pretty good time to be in debt.

There is a reason some clubs are revered the world over.

I am getting on a bit now Taksin - maybe I am losing my marbles but I honestly think we can do so much better than these owners. They are a million miles better than H&G but they aren’t top dollar are they? That’s before we look at the shite they have tried on. Ticket prices - trademarking the name of the friggin city FFS. Big Pictures - and the ESL...!

My modus operandi is to put as much pressure on them as is possible. Make sure they make good on their promise to redevelop the ground - not just a stand - and make sure they give whoever is manager everything they need to be successful.

Totally inept - I mean it.

Inept in summer 2019 - inept during last summer - letting Lovren go without replacement. Half a player in Matip amd Gomez ( always a risk ) and Virgil... that’s it for senior CB’s 2.5! For a title defence!!! ?? WTF Inept

Then again this January - Left it till February to bring in nothing.. Nothing an invisible man ( does he even exist ) and a kid from the bottom of the Bundesliga...

diabolique. Barring that miracle 26 points out of 30 with No senior CB’s we aren’t close to top 4!!

Shocking
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd June 2021 at 09:25 PM.

The world according to Steveo

That’s the fella.

But it isn’t just me is it Taksin. Plenty have lost any faith they did have in the clowns from Boston.

Be interested to hear your thoughts on what I have cited.

If we did replace Lovren - please feel free to inform us all who this phantom is... Or how the summer of 2019 was a good time to stand still, OR again on how we acted so swiftly in January....and so well Taksin - so unerringly well.

Still we have bought a France under 21 player who has played 22 league games in 2 years. One imagines the lad will be well rested - if nothing else he will be fresh - like a freshly plucked rocket:
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd June 2021 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I guess Uefas fair play thingy is out of the window..Man-city are going to spend 100s of millions this summer if you believe the rumours. having spent 125 million last summer during a pandemic
    Rumours are also out there that alot of the Big money players on their bench are not happy with their game time.Also Pep has supposedly listed a good sized list of players that may be leaving this window so it's not just about them buying if true.
    The wages of Aguero and Garcia off the books i would say is only the start for them in this window.