Page 471 of 659 FirstFirst ... 371421461464465466467468469470471472473474475476477478481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Fourth choice was Fabino. That’s what I thought at the time and I had no reason to think Klopp wasn’t happy with that situation. That’s Van Dijk plus three. We later had an injury crisis in that position, by anyone’s standards.

January was an emergency purchase. They were clearly trying to wait until the summer to buy a top centre back. And by they I mean FSG and Klopp.

In the end they did well getting Kabak on loan as it meant they weren’t pressured into overspending on a big name and could do their business tidily in the summer. They have now done that business and it looks like clever planning to me. Your abject cynicism towards Konate is another sign of your willingness to let your hatred of FSG cloud your judgement.

Any sane person would be excited about his joining. Nothing is guaranteed, and we have to hope it works out, but many fans elsewhere, including at United as I showed the other day, are looking on in admiration of our squad building. They see it as more evidence of how well the club is being run.

Your gloating about how we were in such a difficult spot in January is a bit nasty really. Obviously things were far from ideal. But things had already been badly affected by those key injuries by the time the transfer window opened. You want it to be ineptitude but you make no room for bad luck even. That’s a bad indictment of your own character that you’d kick someone when they’re down, even if you do want them out. It isn’t fair.
    Klopp during the summer imo was clearly touting the younger CB options at the club. Big Billy and more, clearly banked on progressing some youth and deploying fabinho in a crisis if needed.
    It was a gamble that didn't pay off as VVD was taken out by that short armed cunt.

You could see it on klopps face that day, the realisation of what missing virgil would mean for us. An ever present who rarely showed any signs of fatigue.
    With virgil it has been a case of how many centre backs do you need for 1 starting position.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    FSG are a joke 19. Showed their hand and they will be gone within 2 years
    Honestly, we waited for Virgil, Jurgen was over the moon we signed Konate AND unlike with the Werner transfer, FSG paid the full fee to get him, I think Konate was the CB Jurgen wanted and like with Virgil, he was prepared to wait for him

The lack of consultation on ESL was criminal, but, a lot of the clubs involved wanted it to have more money to be able to compete with City because neither UEFA or The Premier League have a credible working FFP system and City and PSG have sent transfer fees and wages through the roof
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

And here we have it.
    When we first had this argument a few years ago I asked which club you thought was being better run. You said Tottenham at the time.
    I said ‘apart from Chelsea and Man City’, assuming that was an ethical barrier that should never be crossed. But it seems it can be crossed.
    We may actually just as well get the Saudis in and you’d be happier.

That’s fine if that’s how you make your ethical judgements. But I’m out.
    Saudis - absolutely no way - but Yanks are almost as bad.

They are here like leaches. Here to rinse out every last Sales funnel - to stick a brand name in every last inch of infrastructure - and all for a sport they couldn’t give a flying fuck about.

Not that they are bad particularly but they are a disaster for this sport. What more evidence do you need?

Chelsea are owned by a Russian - a football mad Russian - a guy who made it in the wild East of the 90’s. Just because you are so brainwashed that you equate Roman with Barbaric states like the UAE and murderous - sickening Saudi does not make it in any way sane.

You just show your sheer ignorance when you try this on
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd June 2021 at 11:01 PM.

Saudis - absolutely no way - but Yanks are almost as bad.

They are here like leaches. Here to rinse out every last
    Sales funnel - to stick a brand name in every last inch of infrastructure - and all from a sportthey couldn’t give a flying fuck about.

Chelsea are owned by a Russian - a football mad Russian. Just because you are so brainwashed that you equate Roman with Barbaric states like the UAE and murderous - sickening Saudi.

You just show your ignorance when you try this on
    To be fair to Taskin it is very well known that all the guys who amassed incredible wealth through energy and natural resources following the split of the Soviet Union did so through very dubious and often criminal means

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    To be fair to Taskin it is very well known that all the guys who amassed incredible wealth through energy and natural resources following the split of the Soviet Union did so through very dubious and often criminal means
    Haha...

And you know this how? Who told you? Expected more from youX

Please children - enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Klopp during the summer imo was clearly touting the younger CB options at the club. Big Billy and more, clearly banked on progressing some youth and deploying fabinho in a crisis if needed.
    It was a gamble that didn't pay off as VVD was taken out by that short armed cunt.

You could see it on klopps face that day, the realisation of what missing virgil would mean for us. An ever present who rarely showed any signs of fatigue.
    With virgil it has been a case of how many centre backs do you need for 1 starting position.
    Yes he has also emphasised training existing squad members over signing new players. Nineteenx is right he didn’t want to sign more players the summer before we won the league. I said on here I didn’t think we could win it without investing in new players.
    But I never thought he was being denied what he thought he needed. He had his reasons for keeping the squad small and it obviously worked. He knew something that we didn’t.

Let's just focus on what FSG and Jurgen HAVE to do this summer

FSG need to put a huge chunk of the Redbrid Capital investment into LFC because we absolutely and desperately need to add players THIS SUMMER

We need to add a top quality or hugely talented developing CM controller who can play LCM RCM and DM

We need to add a top quality attacking CM who can play LCM RCM and AM

We need to add a top quality or hugely talented developing No9 false 9 hybrid forward

We need to add a lower cost hugely talented developing forward who can play left, right or centre

Jurgen needs to bite the bullet, stop talking about lads who have never delivered consistently and are never fit and really don't fit our set up being 'Great lads' and get shut of them all and FSG have to bite the bullet and not try hanging onto a few hoping in the summer of 2022 their value may have risen again

Origi, Keita, Oxlade, Shaqiri, Grujic, Wilson all need to be moved on to generate funds for purchases and FSG need to put as big a chunk as needed from their Redbird Capital windfall into LFC to make sure the transfers needed happen and the very best possible players that Jurgen and the committee and scouts all agree on for these positions are brought in

Yes he has also emphasised training existing squad members over signing new players. Nineteenx is right he didn’t want to sign more players the summer before we won the league. I said on here I didn’t think we could win it without investing in new players.
    But I never thought he was being denied what he thought he needed. He had his reasons for keeping the squad small and it obviously worked. He knew something that we didn’t.

If you are right the he ( Klopp ) was terribly wrong.

Lasted barely more than 6 months. The winning run was done by late Feb - out of the Fa Cup out of the Champions league and beaten 3:0 by Watford before lockdown.

If you guys honestly believe that Klopp was happy about paying the bills. Then I give up,

Haha...

And you know this how? Who told you? Expected more from youX

Please children - enough.
    What so now we’re defending Russian Oligarchs are we?

And I have never said his money is dirty by the way. That’s not my argument. I am a critic of the model. The club becomes a play thing for a rich and corrupt personality. I don’t want that for my club.

What we have is not ideal, I’ve lost all sense of what the ideal might look like these days such is the landscape. But I am much happier with the club being turned into a well run business. Everywhere in the club we now have people who know how to maximise what we have available. We aren’t relying on a sugar daddy to get his rocks off. That’s preferable by some margin in my eyes. I also think it will work better in the long run. I’m not impressed by City or Chelsea.

I
    If you guys honestly believe that Klopp was happy about paying the bills. Then I give up,
    Please do

You can’t even appreciate our best ever title winning season as a sign of success