Page 472 of 659 FirstFirst ... 372422462465466467468469470471472473474475476477478479482522572 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

@19. From what I remember there were a few of us advocating the sale of Origi after the CL final. Not sure about Shaq.
    I certainly felt we should have let Origi go then for exactly the reasons you state.
    Rumours were rife that he was about to be offloaded then the Barca semi and Final bought him a reprieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    What so now we’re defending Russian Oligarchs are we?

And I have never said his money is dirty by the way. That’s not my argument. I am a critic of the model. The club becomes a play thing for a rich and corrupt personality. I don’t want that for my club.

What we have is not ideal, I’ve lost all sense of what the ideal might look like these days such is the landscape. But I am much happier with the club being turned into a well run business. Everywhere in the club we now have people who know how to maximise what we have available. We aren’t relying on a sugar daddy to get his rocks off. That’s preferable by some margin in my eyes. I also think it will work better in the long run. I’m not impressed by City or Chelsea.
    What constitutes a Russian Oligarch - as opposed to a US oligarch.??

The very poor misuse of the word highlights the issue. All billionaires have political influence - in the Us MORE than anywhere else. Yet so many park that reality due to being brainwashed.

I don’t think you can compare Cjty with Chelsea. Really think they are oceans apart.

We just feel like that cause Chelsea’s billionaire owner is more prepared to use his cash that ours. City are a state run bunch of cheating petrodollar - - Sid said it by far the best - “sports washing thunder cunts”
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd June 2021 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Let's just focus on what FSG and Jurgen HAVE to do this summer

FSG need to put a huge chunk of the Redbrid Capital investment into LFC because we absolutely and desperately need to add players THIS SUMMER

We need to add a top quality or hugely talented developing CM controller who can play LCM RCM and DM

We need to add a top quality attacking CM who can play LCM RCM and AM

We need to add a top quality or hugely talented developing No9 false 9 hybrid forward

We need to add a lower cost hugely talented developing forward who can play left, right or centre

Jurgen needs to bite the bullet, stop talking about lads who have never delivered consistently and are never fit and really don't fit our set up being 'Great lads' and get shut of them all and FSG have to bite the bullet and not try hanging onto a few hoping in the summer of 2022 their value may have risen again

Origi, Keita, Oxlade, Shaqiri, Grujic, Wilson all need to be moved on to generate funds for purchases and FSG need to put as big a chunk as needed from their Redbird Capital windfall into LFC to make sure the transfers needed happen and the very best possible players that Jurgen and the committee and scouts all agree on for these positions are brought in
    Doubtful that LFC see a cent of that Redbird money.
    It's just an investment into FSG not LFC. The guy who's fronted it will more likely buy into another foreign club to potentially feed Liverpool in the future. A pure speculative investment.
    I don't think any of that money will go towards us buying players.

They want to get into NFL. We are a franchise - oh the joy.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Doubtful that LFC see a cent of that Redbird money.
    It's just an investment into FSG not LFC. The guy who's fronted it will more likely buy into another foreign club to potentially feed Liverpool in the future. A pure speculative investment.
    I don't think any of that money will go towards us buying players.
    The point is, they have that investment, should they need to protect their LFC investment through difficult financial times in order to make the club as successful as it can be with the world's best manager in the next 2 seasons, which they do need to do, they can allocate whatever part of the Redbird investment necessary into LFC for those purposes and balance the FFP books
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The point is, they have that investment, should they need to protect their LFC investment through difficult financial times in order to make the club as successful as it can be with the world's best manager in the next 2 seasons, which they do need to do, they can allocate whatever part of the Redbird investment necessary into LFC for those purposes and balance the FFP books
    The investment could very likely be to cover FSGs shortfalls from Covid. All across their business including the Red Sox. Cant see it it having much impact on LFC.

So glad we are an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What constitutes a Russian Oligarch - as opposed to a US oligarch.??
    In the Russian context the term oligarch refers to the model of wealth and power distribution that followed the break down of the Soviet Union. Rather than free market business development, the rule of law and democracy, you saw mafia type gangsters muscling in and building up influence in relationship to the remnants of the KGB, of which Putin himself was a member. The murder of a number of these oligarchs (including those resident in the UK) is a reflection of their particular relationship with this mafia like structure.

This use of the term has very few parallels at all that can be drawn with FSG.

Haha Putin. This could have been written entirely in the US of A. How quaint.

What you are describing is privatisation Taksin. Free market. And that is something all billionaires have fed on.

You clearly know nothing about Roman Abramovich ( not that you are alone ) or his quite incredible story and it shows.

The term Oligarch is heavily politicised and mainly used in a xenophobic context.
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd June 2021 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So glad we are an investment.
    But we are, unless you land a multi billionaire owner who just wants to plough all his own money into your club, your club is always an investment for whoever the owner is, FSG have done an excellent job of dragging the club kicking and screaming into the 21st century, Parry and Moores running it like a corner shop and being 20 years behind the times in global marketing and merchandising and partnerships with various sponsors which led to them selling the club to Hicks and Gilette who were American owners who were using the club as their own personal bank account that was the pre-cursor for our current ownership is where the real criminal negligence in respect of LFC occured

FSG have done a very good job so far, they have increased revenue streams significantly, they have invested heavily in community projects, they have complied with FFP, yes, they have paid dividends to people who invested with them for them to be able to turn the club around as fantastically as they have, but it wasn't a leveraged buy out with ever increasing debt on the interest like the filthy's and they don't run up incredible expenses bills they charge to the club whether or not it was for club business as Hicks and Gillet did
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”