Page 473 of 659 FirstFirst ... 373423463466467468469470471472473474475476477478479480483523573 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

@19 Yawn... another one bites the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @19 Yawn... another one bites the dust.
    We were on the verge of going out of business Steveo, through Parry and Moores selling to a couple of cowboys who put huge debt on the club, then proceeded to rob the club blind and treat it as their own expenses account
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The banks didn’t force a sale..? Oh no.. and there were no other buyers at the table - haha - oh no... Take RBS’s word for it. Honest you can...

They saved us

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Yes he has also emphasised training existing squad members over signing new players. Nineteenx is right he didn’t want to sign more players the summer before we won the league. I said on here I didn’t think we could win it without investing in new players.
    But I never thought he was being denied what he thought he needed. He had his reasons for keeping the squad small and it obviously worked. He knew something that we didn’t.
    I think 19 was wrong on the forum that summer. Plenty were looking for a signing or two that summer.
    I could have been on my Mbappe argument then, noods was critiquing the Bill's to be paid line and I was in agreement.
    The club had money to spend but klopp is a frugal German with his own ways. I'd well believe it was his decision.
    On origi, I suspect his contract extension was done to the fact his contract was running out and they thought they could get a fee for him. Still has a great goals per min record at the club.

Posted a thomkins time article recently of what to expect under Jurgen as he was joining the club. People like Steveo and others on here seem to find it hard to accept klopp is klopp.
    Said it to steveo before just look at his Dortmund methodology, if he wanted a big net spending club he could have his pick of clubs. But hes a post war German, frugal at the best of times.

Klopp looks to develop younger players, gives him a kick. Look at pep at city, sancho gone to Dortmund and Foden probably would have progressed more as a footballer if he did similar.
    Host of examples at Chelsea too of not giving youth players their chance. Doubt klopp will let a kdb, sancho etc slip through his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What constitutes a Russian Oligarch - as opposed to a US oligarch.??

The very poor misuse of the word highlights the issue. All billionaires have political influence - in the Us MORE than anywhere else. Yet so many park that reality due to being brainwashed.

I don’t think you can compare Cjty with Chelsea. Really think they are oceans apart.

We just feel like that cause Chelsea’s billionaire owner is more prepared to use his cash that ours. City are a state run bunch of cheating petrodollar - - Sid said it by far the best - “sports washing thunder cunts”
    JwHs wealth isnt in the same ball park as Roman's.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Klopp looks to develop younger players, gives him a kick.
    He's not doing too well with Fab's destroyer instincts creating issues with the team press and costing us goals yet and it's been 3 seasons - Honestly I really do find it completely bizarre - There were signs in those last 10 games that Fab was under instruction to just sit pretty central in front of the back four and that was an improvement for me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yet since Fabinho has gone back into midfield our form has improved. Quit your self gratification agenda Nineteenx
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's not doing too well with Fab's destroyer instincts creating issues with the team press and costing us goals yet and it's been 3 seasons - Honestly I really do find it completely bizarre - There were signs in those last 10 games that Fab was under instruction to just sit pretty central in front of the back four and that was an improvement for me
    I was talking about youth players.

Fabinho must be doing something right 19, hes an integral player for Klopp.

Fabinho must be doing something right 19, hes an integral player for Klopp.
    He has been absolutely key to the team and our successes.

Speaking of younger players, in terms of age profile I'd love it if we were to have a look at someone like Camavinga - or Gravenberch.

18 and 19 respectively. Having a genuinely young player available for midfield selection in-and-around the first team soaking up how we operate with a look to the future would be great.

No point in Dortmund or whatever other club buying them and us paying for them at double/triple the price in a few years and we should always have an eye on the "cycle" that will involve Trent, Jones, Elliott, Konate and so on.