Page 478 of 659 FirstFirst ... 378428468471472473474475476477478479480481482483484485488528578 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It would't be a crime
    I don't see how owners which would spend more money, would be worse than the current owners

like I said we're a franchise to them, we're nothing, they don't care really, let's face it.

Roman probably cares more about chelsea, infact there's been many of story's how he's helped the local community and invested in chelsea in general with his own money

how's he any worse? just because he has a lot of money?

because he's russian?

I'd actually understand if our owners was like leicester's look at the difference, the passion they show compared to our yanks.

as long as we give the youngsters a go, if they're good enough- I wouldn't care if we splashed out money on players we actually needed, or a decent bench... frankly if we don't or don't have new owners, we probably won't win the league for another 30 years. unless we have 2-3 gerrards coming through
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd June 2021 at 05:27 PM.

This is just disingenuous, Steveo. Either you know it or you are unable to be logical. Given that I was pointing this out to you by making the very point, you must have misunderstood. Let's spell out the logic..

You said the right owners are not enough. They need a decent manager
    I agree and that is what I have said many times. I think Klopp is a genius
    However, this says nothing about what role the owners play
    My claim is that they have the more important role to create success
    So I believe you need good owners and a decent manager for success
    Therefore your lofty dismissal, which you later claimed some victory from, was missing the point of argument.

What you are now arguing is that this era is essentially the same as the Benitez era. We have terribly delinquent owners and the success we have had is due to the manager, Klopp, who is winning despite that fact.

Perhaps you'd like to ask this question to the forum to see if anyone agrees with you?

Were the teams of 2018, 2019 and 2020 of the same order of wild inadequacy as the team of 2005, rescued by a great manager against all the odds?

Or were they actually part of a brief pinnacle of dominance and excellence in the history of British football, extremely well put together and highly functioning?

Which one is it, Steveo?
    Haha - so there are only 2 choices - really? Look at what Rafa achieved with what you call outdated ownership and then look at what he achieved while he had asset strippers. Come on man.

You put your foot in it buster - try and dig your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Haha - so there are only 2 choices - really? Look at what Rafa achieved with what you call outdated ownership and then look at what he achieved while he had asset strippers. Come on man.

You put your foot in it buster - try and dig your way out.
    I genuinely don’t know what your saying any more, Steveo. You seem you imagine you’ve buried me, but those questions are fair. Ask them of forumites or any members off the public. It’s actually a straight forward illustration of what we’re arguing about.

Rafa won the Champions League. That was his greatest achievement. Klopp also won it.

Which of the two teams was the best in Europe at the time?

And if you need a third option, it’s that neither team was all that good.

Is there something unclear about this?

The question is - were Liverpool FC likely to do better than Benitez managed - without first selling Coutinho - because so much hinges on this point.

Or put another way - what would Benitez have achieved had Moores not sold and had we sold a Harry Kewel for the equivalent money we got in 2018 for Coutinho.?

Taksin - put all your grey cells on that - see where you get.

I genuinely don’t know what your saying any more, Steveo. You seem you imagine you’ve buried me, but those questions are fair. Ask them of forumites or any members off the public. It’s actually a straight forward illustration of what we’re arguing about.

Rafa won the Champions League. That was his greatest achievement. Klopp also won it.

Which of the two teams was the best in Europe at the time?

And if you need a third option, it’s that neither team was all that good.

Is there something unclear about this?
    Benitez got us to 2 CL finals and how many semi finals? he won an FA Cup too. Where have you been.? Did you forget OR does this not suit your agenda? He came within a whisker of winning the title in 2009 and his team was better than ours in 2019 if you take out the players bought with the Coutinho cash.

And Rafas later teams dumps our best Klopp team out of Europe every time.

Every time

Let’s remember Rafa had some terrible owners behind him once H&G took over. With just half decent owners he would have won more than he did for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    And linked in Echo with Nicolo Barella from Inter
    Set pieces, shots from range, good presser.

Height-wise.....we could do with taller, but (on paper) if we have more of the ball/create more of the chances we shouldn't be THAT bothered.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Yep looks a good one but a titch

Hi Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I don't see how owners which would spend more money, would be worse than the current owners
    My argument is that our owners are doing a good job. This is with Steveo, mainly, who has reduced good custodianship to net spend and uses that as his evidence that FSG are totally negligent.

they don't care really, let's face it.
    If caring about the club is what you want, David Moores is your man. I want people to run the club well in order to bring about success.

Roman probably cares more about chelsea, infact there's been many of story's how he's helped the local community and invested in chelsea in general with his own money
    I quite like him. Why, I almost ended up working for him recently. I think he would have been a great boss. But I don't want our club to become one man's play thing or to have its success bought. It's a personal choice and says nothing about how good FSG have been.

how's he any worse? just because he has a lot of money?
    I believe we are now better run than Chelsea, but that is a minor argument, not a major one. I accept it is a debatable fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Let’s remember Rafa had some terrible owners behind him once H&G took over. With just half decent owners he would have won more than he did for sure.
    That's my point, not your point