Page 480 of 659 FirstFirst ... 380430470473474475476477478479480481482483484485486487490530580 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So just to be clear

Benitez couldn't do his job properly because he had such terrible owners yet he came very close to matching what we have achieved in 5 years with "fantastic"owners and the mighty Jurgen Klopp...

Interesting logic Taksin - very interesting stuff

Get that shovel ready
    But Klopp is nearly a two time premier league & champions league winning and one time Europa league & Caraboa cup winning manager.
    Can double up the super cup and WCC too.

I'd you're going to use nearly won for 1, why not the other. Would seem to be balanced.
    Rather than trying to hand titles to one person or even club (manu) to disprove the efficacy of the current owners.

Klopp could very well have 4 major titles.
    A Europa and a league cup. And 4 titles you deem not to be titles, 2 super and 2 wcc. These titles I'd deen to be the mark of excellence.

Klopp nearly has won 10 titles since he arrived. If we're arguing about nearly won.

Rafael did really well, hed have done better under these owners too. Albeit he probably inherited a more coherent squad than Klopp did.

Rafa obviously, darn autocorrect

Benitez got us to 2 CL finals and how many semi finals? he won an FA Cup too. Where have you been.? Did you forget OR does this not suit your agenda? He came within a whisker of winning the title in 2009 and his team was better than ours in 2019 if you take out the players bought with the Coutinho cash.
    If you take out the players bought with coutinho cash and dont take out any wages/fees for Rafas side.

So Rafael had a better side if you negate the reality of what players Klopp has had at his disposal.

Klopps 18/19 side smashes Rafas 08/09 side imo. Or as them kool kids say #facts bruh

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    If you take out the players bought with coutinho cash and dont take out any wages/fees for Rafas side.

So Rafael had a better side if you negate the reality of what players Klopp has had at his disposal.

Klopps 18/19 side smashes Rafas 08/09 side imo. Or as them kool kids say #facts bruh
    We had Xabi Alonso…momo Sissoko..Gerarrd and Mascheranooooooo

But Klopp is nearly a two time premier league & champions league winning and one time Europa league & Caraboa cup winning manager.
    Can double up the super cup and WCC too.

I'd you're going to use nearly won for 1, why not the other. Would seem to be balanced.
    Rather than trying to hand titles to one person or even club (manu) to disprove the efficacy of the current owners.

Klopp could very well have 4 major titles.
    A Europa and a league cup. And 4 titles you deem not to be titles, 2 super and 2 wcc. These titles I'd deen to be the mark of excellence.

Klopp nearly has won 10 titles since he arrived. If we're arguing about nearly won.

Rafael did really well, hed have done better under these owners too. Albeit he probably inherited a more coherent squad than Klopp did.
    Rafa won number 5 in 2005 and an FA Cup in 2006. In 2007 we lost the 2nd Milan CL final for number 6.

He made the semi final a year later in 2008 and took the strongest of United sides all the way in 2009.

That is nigh on 5 years of being there or there abouts. This despite having Moore’s and Parry and then Hicks and Gillett.

This apparently is not being able to do his job.

To explain.

Rafa was cited as evidence of how a manager cannot do his job unless he has brilliant owners. We know Rafa had anything but.

I am suggesting that despite the obvious handicap he did amazingly well - far better than the current United who have the same owners they won so much with during Alex Ferguson’s reign.

I am suggesting that owners can only do well with a top class coach. But that some managers can do well without top class owners.
    Last edited by Steveo; 3rd June 2021 at 09:08 PM.

Rafa won number 5 in 2005 and an FA Cup in 2006. In 2007 we lost the 2nd Milan CL final for number 6.

He made the semi final a year later in 2008 and took the strongest of United sides all the way in 2009.

That is nigh on 5 years of being there or there abouts. This despite having Moore’s and Parry and then Hicks and Gillett.

This apparently is not being able to do his job.

To explain.

Rafa was cited as evidence of how a manager cannot do his job unless he has brilliant owners. We know Rafa had anything but.

I am suggesting that despite the obvious handicap he did amazingly well - far better than the current United who have the same owners they won so much with during Alex Ferguson’s reign.

I am suggesting that owners can only do well with a top class coach. But that some managers can do well without top class owners.
    Agree with your last paragraph.

And again - It is very doubtful almost certain that Klopp does not get close to signing Virgil - Alisson and Fabinho but for the bonkers money Barca payed for Coutinho.

This is the point.

Sadly - despite how highly I rate him - Klopp can’t get past a Spanish side full stop - unless we have an ‘edit: Anfield miracle v Barca’s 4 season in a row bottlers.

No way on earth our 2019 side gets past Rafas 09 side over 2 legs - doubtful any of his sides

Go watch Gaelic football
    Last edited by Steveo; 3rd June 2021 at 09:40 PM.

The perfect scenario would have been the 08-09 midfield three of Alonso Gerrard Mascherano with the rest of the 19-20 team.

Torres would walk into to any team for me, but we had other decent players too much underrated like Benayoun - even Ryan Babel ( unplayable on his day ) Riera ( massively underperformed to be fair ) and Arbeloa. Aurelio too... we were short in squad - far more so than now due to the asset strippers but still the first 11 was superb.

Throw in Virgil and we walk a title and probably a another European cup.
    Last edited by Steveo; 3rd June 2021 at 09:42 PM.

And again - It is very doubtful almost certain that Klopp does not get close to signing Virgil - Alisson and Fabinho but for the bonkers money Barca payed for Coutinho.

This is the point.

Sadly - despite how highly I rate him - Klopp can’t get past a Spanish side full stop - unless we have an ‘edit: Anfield miracle v Barca’s 4 season in a row bottlers.

No way on earth our 2019 side gets past Rafas 09 side over 2 legs - doubtful any of his sides

Go watch Gaelic football
    In their only head to head of note klopp won over the 2 legs albeit in the cl groupstages, Rafa Napoli and Klopp Dortmund.

It would be a cracking game to watch.

Better keeper, best cb, better fullbacks for me. Midfield Rafa, attack klopp, though the systems would be different.