Page 481 of 659 FirstFirst ... 381431471474475476477478479480481482483484485486487488491531581 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Just been looking at loads of vids of klopps early years for us. Feck sake. Don’t remember can being so good. Loads of brilliant moments back then.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Just been looking at loads of vids of klopps early years for us. Feck sake. Don’t remember can being so good. Loads of brilliant moments back then.
    I liked big Emre. Good player.

It's been a thoroughly enjoyable ride upto now, hopefully many more good times to come too.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    In their only head to head of note klopp won over the 2 legs albeit in the cl groupstages, Rafa Napoli and Klopp Dortmund.

It would be a cracking game to watch.

Better keeper, best cb, better fullbacks for me. Midfield Rafa, attack klopp, though the systems would be different.
    Not sure how you conclude this? Seems beyond a stretch to use an aggregate score for league format. Also Rafa only took the Job in Naples in May 2013... In September 2013 Rafa’s Napoli beat Klopp’s Dortmund in Naples and Klopp’s Dortmund beat Rafa’s Napoli in Dortmund in November 2013. Group stage points gathering and it’s 3 points each. Very creative use of winning over 2 legs

Clearly group stages isn’t 2 leg knockout football, and much more recently Napoli got the better of Klopp’s Liverpool ( actual wins ) over the 4 group games we played them in 2018 and 2019. Still do not know how we escaped the group - when Napoli were level with us on 9 points and both teams had a goal diff of +2. Can only be goals scored?

We win the tournament on sheer force of will. Group stage - mauled in Naples ( how on earth was it only 1:0?) - Battered in Belgrade - undressed in Paris - we were bested by Napoli over the 2 games - we somehow escape the group. Beating Bayern in knockout was cool - almost smash and grab.. Then the real miracle - beating Barca 4:0 at Anfield despite missing a few players... Another Istanbul - Sheer will.

Klopp’s Best Liverpool side - 2019 - V Rafas best Liverpool side over 2 legs....would indeed be a cracking tie to watch - though I know where my money would go.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th June 2021 at 07:49 AM.

For the record - again - we need to do some very strong business this window just to be in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Klopp’s Best Liverpool side - 2019 - V Rafas best Liverpool side over 2 legs....would indeed be a cracking tie to watch - though I know where my money would go.
    So why didn’t Rafa win the league then?

Brendan Rogers came closer than Rafa

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post

I would think that was because that United team were better than City under Pelligrini. Both were unlucky not to get the title to be fair.

But we only play them twice a year

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post

Erm Rodgers did very well in 2014 but no European football whatsoever - Ferguson’s United - Jose’s Chelsea and Wengers Arsenal made the league much more competitive as you well know. Look how close we came after Jose is moved on and once Wenger went soft. Look at 2008 and 2009 - best rated team in Europe and second twice in a row, with the worst owners in history and the best United side possibly in their history.

Look at how both Leicester first time ever and us first time in 30 years won it since 2016.

Stop trying to suggest that black is white and that Rafa could not do his job. As mentioned - one Coutinho sale - facilitating a single Virgil Van Dijk level CB and we would have had that title and probably 2 Champions leagues too. All despite shocking owners.

Your case doesn’t hold water.

Anyone who thinks we get 97 and 99 points while Ferguson and Jose were at it and while Wenger still had a very capable side up the Arsenal is IMO kidding themselves. Just qualifying for the CL was tough enough at that time. Also Ferguson - the swine - had the Premier league and their army of officials in his pocket.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th June 2021 at 10:18 AM.

Its simple, Klopp is a much better manager.. You always feel under Jurgen we will go on long unbeaten runs.its only last season where we came unstuck in a few games.. Even then we almost got 70 points.1 point shy.
    If we repeat last season but improve our results by 6/7 more wins. Its very likely we will be close to the title..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Agree Klopp is a better manager (has his flaws but overall the BEST IN THE WORLD for me) - of that there is no argument, Rafe was too conservative - especially for the Premier League - BUT he was magic too and did an amazing job for us - despite weak owners and then appalling owners.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th June 2021 at 10:22 AM.