Page 484 of 659 FirstFirst ... 384434474477478479480481482483484485486487488489490491494534584 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

If you’re yawning about how everyone else is misunderstanding you, you have the power to stop blathering on. Show us how it’s done if that’s what you want

So what changed with Klopp then? What was the catalyst that took us to a first major title since 2005?

FSG’s brilliance?

Or the spend on Virgil and Alisson and Fabinho.. only occurring after massive income from the sale of Coutinho and combined with the management of Klopp.?

This debate is not only boring it is meaningless because so much is conjecture.

You stick to your belief that owners are more important than Managers in terms of success and I will believe the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    If you’re yawning about how everyone else is misunderstanding you, you have the power to stop blathering on. Show us how it’s done if that’s what you want
    But “everyone else” is not misunderstanding me are they Taksin. Again you want to pretend black is white because your case has been destroyed.

CCTV is - like you an active fan of FSG. He clearly misunderstood what was being discussed and then went desperately searching for evidence that Klopp’s Liverpool would beat Rafa’s Liverpool over 2 legs.... by citing - wait for it - drum roll.... 2 group games between Dortmund at the height of Klopp’s reign with Rafa’s Napoli - a club he had been at 4 months including a summer! Both teams winning one game and taking 3 group points.

This is the level of desperation I am yawning at. Desperate stabbing around trying to prove that something is the way you want it to be even though it is not.

We need to go big in the market this summer - you seem silent in the issue. Almost like you want to sweep it under the carpet..

Preferring to discuss the sheer brilliance of John W Henry and his brigade of FSG minions.

Quite strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So what changed with Klopp then? What was the catalyst that took us to a first major title since 2005?

FSG’s brilliance?

Or the spend on Virgil and Alisson and Fabinho.. only occurring after massive income from the sale of Coutinho and combined with the management of Klopp.?
    No one talks about the ‘brilliance’ of owners. But this lot have certainly been innovative. They have made mistakes - many of them because they’re didn’t understand football. But they have looked at transfers and wages in a new light and all the indications are they have been determined to build a championship winning side - one with longevity and with an eye to the future. There are always good youth players on the fringes.

They have done it in tandem with the manager, who seems to understand their approach, informs them freely of what is needed and is generally happy with the results.

If you are only obsessed with what the Coutinho money means, you will miss that we have built an excellent squad. If your whole argument is ‘Coutinho’ then you are blinding yourself to everything else.

As for other factors, they’ve kept us at Anfield whilst building the stadium in a way that hasn’t disrupted the play (Tottenham at Wembley) or bankrupted our player purchases (Arsenal, Tottenham).

They have brought some new approaches to international revenue building, no doubt americanising them to bring us in line with Man U.

All this leaves the club in a much stronger position. As far as I’m aware all this has been done without going into debt, which is very fortuitous in the current global situation.

We need to go big in the market this summer - you seem silent in the issue. Almost like you want to sweep it under the carpet..

Preferring to discuss the sheer brilliance of John W Henry and his brigade of FSG minions.

Quite strange.
    I made some comments on signings yesterday I think. Stick to the debate rather than trying to paint me as a non fan as usual.

You are very much a fan of the owners.. Perhaps you could come up with an insignia - buy a shirt and a flag?

And even Spurs have outspent us since the £1 Billion spend on the stadium. As have Arsenal. That was not the point really but you brought it in.

And no answers on what the catalyst was that finally got us to a first major title since 2005... I see. Never mind

This debate is not only boring it is meaningless because so much is conjecture.

You stick to your belief that owners are more important than Managers in terms of success and I will believe the opposite
    Agreed!!

Berks at the Echo prattling on about Curtis Jones being the answer to the Keita nd Oxlade dliemma, never read such horseshit, he is NOWHERE NEAR ready, he takes too long on the ball, doesn't complete successful dribbles as they suggest, does not move the ball forward quickly as they suggest, he's like our own Ray Fucking Wilkins, takes too long on the ball, goes backwards or sideways most of the time when there's a forward ball, often that were he brave enough to play it, could lead directly to an assist on, he's useless in the press too and doesn't have the pace, engine of drive and physicality yet we need in a midfielder, he is desperately lacking in any form of dynamism

Bench player and cup game player against lesser opposition is the best I can say about him, and not a bench player to bring on and change anything, a bench player to give another player 20 minutes rest when we're already at least 2 goals ahead in games
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”