Page 488 of 659 FirstFirst ... 388438478481482483484485486487488489490491492493494495498538588 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I’m hoping for two more big signings just so Steveo can finally stop talking about the Coutinho sale.

If we do that, I think it means we go into debt for the first time since FSG arrive. They may choose to do it in the knowledge that they will clear the debts in the next couple of seasons with a lower spend and a return to their long term plan of purchasing within our means and buying young talent that will become more valuable with time.

But my guess is there will be problems in the market as values are going down due to deflation and sellers may be stubborn enough to hold out, thinking they are being taken for a ride, only to find no one is buying at those rates.

That’s what happens when deflation enters the housing market for example.
    They'll sell Virgil to balance it out don't worry. 🙂

Aston Villa are confident to complete Emi Buendia signing in the next hours, as @charles_watts
    reported earlier today. Arsenal opening bid was turned down days ago - #AVFC now in advanced talks with Norwich , last details to complete the agreement around €35m.

Arsenal can't even beat villa to a signing lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I’m hoping for two more big signings just so Steveo can finally stop talking about the Coutinho sale.
    Rather imagine we will try and get a purchase sorted ASAP with a view to it being funded by the sales of Grujic and....having a tired moment here.....W......Wilson or Woodburn, can't remember which.

Then we'll try to move Origi and Shaqiri towards the end of the window, making a second purchase if our sales are successful.

Midfield and forward being the 2 "areas" of acquisition and that being our business for the Summer, having already acquired Konate.

Calculated guesswork and no claims of being ITK and so on, but if you asked me to "Mystic Meg" our window, that's how I see it panning out.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Yes, I think it's still ok to hope we can pick up some income from the dead wood. There's some talk of Man City selling Sterling as part of their rebuilding plans. Not sure how true that is but they could probably get a big fee for him.

My guess is we may spend around £100 million on three signings, recouping some on sales. I'd imagine that would be a bigger spend as a result of the debriefing on a season that went wrong, including unforeseen problems such as the form of Firmino and Mané.

I still think we can expect to have another weird season unless fans are let back into the stadiums.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Aston Villa have agreed a club-record deal worth an initial £33m for Norwich City midfielder Emiliano Buendia.

Villa have moved swiftly to head off potential interest from Arsenal.

The Argentine, 24, was the Canaries' player of the season as they cruised to the Championship title last term and a return to the Premier League.

The deal, which could rise to £38m with add-ons, is close to completion with personal terms agreed and a medical already conducted in Argentina.

The total package - which also includes a sell-on clause of 10% - eclipses the signing of Ollie Watkins from Brentford last summer, which was an initial £28m rising to £32m with add-ons.

They won’t be the only ones, this kind of move could be very good for his continued development.

“ Harvey Elliott is a man in demand.

Liverpool's young winger impressed out on loan with Blackburn last season and will be assessed when the Reds return for pre-season training on July 12.

Elliott could be handed a first-team role by Klopp but according to the Mirror, Watford are hoping to convince the Reds to allow him to go on another loan.

The Premier League new boys would have to offer regular first team football in order to continue his development.”

Unless they want Keita in part ex, he ain’t coming here.

“Manchester United have been told it will cost them £81.5m to sign England winger Jadon Sancho, 21, from Borussia Dortmund. (Mirror)”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    “Manchester United have been told it will cost them £81.5m to sign England winger Jadon Sancho, 21, from Borussia Dortmund. (Mirror)”
    Could get Bissouma, Isak and Daka for that money.

Atletico Madrid are expected to make a new offer for Udinese's Argentina midfielder Rodrigo de Paul, 27, who has also been linked with Liverpool and AC Milan. (Mundo Deportivo - in Italian)

A few linking Atletico with De Paul.

Bissouma doesn’t excite me. Know nothing about Isak and we should definitely be looking at Daka anyway for the reported low fee.