Page 491 of 659 FirstFirst ... 391441481484485486487488489490491492493494495496497498501541591 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    FIVE years ago was it...?

Hmm.

Some of you folks are funny. Really funny.
    He's had serious injury since then and has always had recurring back problems , look forward not back
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Georginio Wijnaldum has decided to join Paris Saint-Germain. Barcelona have NO intention to raise their bid after they agreement ready by 2 weeks and medicals planned.

Gini is now set to accept PSG proposal until 2024 with salary more than doubled [compared to Barça bid].

So it was all about money for him all along.
    Good luck to him, deserves one last big pay day to finish his career

Just an incredible, always available, never rocking the boat professional who sacrificed so much of how he had always played prior to joining us and continued to play that way for his National side, to play a very disciplined and more defence minded controlling role when he had so many other abilities, for the greater good of and benefit of the team. Such an incredible pro, despite him consistently performing better as a No10, the more attacking of Hollands midfielders, than any of Keita, Oxlade, Shaq or Minamino ever did playing that role for us, he never once rocked the boat

Come on Edwards! Sort your shit out man, the international window opened today, we all EXPECT at LEAST 3 signings completed by the end of play tomorrow at the very latest, Jurgen needs the players in early, the CB, the TWO CMs and the forward ready for a full pre-season

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Aston Villa have agreed a club-record deal worth an initial £33m for Norwich City midfielder Emiliano Buendia.

Villa have moved swiftly to head off potential interest from Arsenal.

The Argentine, 24, was the Canaries' player of the season as they cruised to the Championship title last term and a return to the Premier League.

The deal, which could rise to £38m with add-ons, is close to completion with personal terms agreed and a medical already conducted in Argentina.

The total package - which also includes a sell-on clause of 10% - eclipses the signing of Ollie Watkins from Brentford last summer, which was an initial £28m rising to £32m with add-ons.
    Buendia is a poor man's Rodrigo De Paul, really important we get him in and get shut of all our failed attempts at signing the right player for that attacking midfielder of the 3 role, they're all sicknotes anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Would seem so. I am surprised he has decided to go to mercenaries like PSG despite the cash incentive - had assumed he was a boyhood Barca fan or at least had Barca down as a dream move, I guess agents and family can put lots of pressure on you - especially when you are nearing the end of your career and one offer is worth twice as much as the other.

Leaving us for PSG doesn’t look too clever
    Blaming his agent and family pitting pressure on him

Hes a grown man, set for life, making a decision to get one massive bumper contract before he retires, simple as.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Good luck to him, deserves one last big pay day to finish his career

Just an incredible, always available, never rocking the boat professional who sacrificed so much of how he had always played prior to joining us and continued to play that way for his National side, to play a very disciplined and more defence minded controlling role when he had so many other abilities, for the greater good of and benefit of the team. Such an incredible pro, despite him consistently performing better as a No10, the more attacking of Hollands midfielders, than any of Keita, Oxlade, Shaq or Minamino ever did playing that role for us, he never once rocked the boat
    Maybe his international managers thought they knew better than his title winning club manager....

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Maybe his international managers thought they knew better than his title winning club manager....
    Holland and Germany are a little different in that respect, they have a system and as far as I can remember have always played that system, it's a system all their players know because they are all raised playing it from youth level, Holland look to control games in a different way to how we do and have better options with greater playmaking ability to play deeper in their system than Gini

It's interesting people are linknig us with Van De Beek, when Gini's ahead of him for his national side in that No10 more attacking midfielder role

If you look at all England's best players and put them into an 11, they are all suited to a front foot aggressive pressing game in a 433 or 343, Kane is no longer suited to playing as an out and out No9, he drops off so much as his game has developed a he lost some pace following his ankle injuries

Mount is best used as the player dropping off in a 3 or on the left or right of a midfield 3 with a front 3 of one dropping off and 2 advanced inside forwards making runs in behind

Foden is best used at LCM in a midfield 3 or LFWD or RFWD in a front 3, as is Sterling and Rashford isn't at their level of ability and quality

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's had serious injury since then and has always had recurring back problems , look forward not back
    It was clearly a bit of a lighthearted joke in line with preceding posts mate.

His injury record in the last few years has been poor however - IF he’s a possible on loan or if he was “going for a steal” we could do much worse:

Linked with Elseid Hysaj on a free transfer from Napoli.

Experienced. 27-years old. Pretty good injury record. Could cover both full-back positions and thus allow Neco Williams to go on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I thought it was the length of contract rh
    But he was offered a contract. 3 years apparently.and its nothing to do with money why does he look like signing for PSG?? other than money?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century