Page 494 of 659 FirstFirst ... 394444484487488489490491492493494495496497498499500501504544594 ... LastLast
Results 4,931 to 4,940 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Steer clear of serie A lads pleas and thank you. Never ends well.

Wonder if Neco will be going out on loan with a clause of our bringing him back if he isn't getting the appearances to benefit his development?

hard to see Gomez getting a look in at CB ahead of Virgil, Konate, Matip or Phillips and you suspect his future may well be back up to Trent at RB and emergency and Cup game CB, Konate was also developed at RB and CB, so although I doubt very much he'll play there other than to see games out and bring Matip on at CB for minutes between him and Virgil and in emergencies, so we're suddenly incredibly well stocked for cover and options to give Trent some minutes rest later in games while giving minutes to other CBs so we keep more match fit

All of that considered and Neco's current level considered, a loan in which he'll get plenty of starts will do him the power of good
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Wonder if Neco will be going out on loan with a clause of our bringing him back if he isn't getting the appearances to benefit his development?

hard to see Gomez getting a look in at CB ahead of Virgil, Konate, Matip or Phillips and you suspect his future may well be back up to Trent at RB and emergency and Cup game CB, Konate was also developed at RB and CB, so although I doubt very much he'll play there other than to see games out and bring Matip on at CB for minutes between him and Virgil and in emergencies, so we're suddenly incredibly well stocked for cover and options to give Trent some minutes rest later in games while giving minutes to other CBs so we keep more match fit

All of that considered and Neco's current level considered, a loan in which he'll get plenty of starts will do him the power of good
    I’ll guarantee you Gomez gets back in at cb at some stage.

Gini has signed a 3 year deal with PSG. The club apparently offered him the same length of contract. So was all about the money after all (imo)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I’ll guarantee you Gomez gets back in at cb at some stage.
    FA Cup and Carabao Cup most likely, he isn't a good defender, for me he isn't good enough, never has been and never will be, that our midfield, forwards and full backs pressed so incredibly to restrict the defending he had to do to heading away attempted long balls or beating an opposition player in a foot race to a long ball played through a channel for a lot of his appearances allowed how lacking he is in his reading of the game, positioning, anticipation and in one v one's when the opposition player has the ball and in how easily he can be targeted at our defensive set pieces simply slipped under the radar, because all our other players stopped those gaping flaws in his game being exposed and opposition players having the opportunity to expose them

He's not a good CB, that he was ever playing when Matip was fit was absolutely criminal

FA Cup and Carabao Cup most likely, he isn't a good defender, for me he isn't good enough, never has been and never will be, that our midfield, forwards and full backs pressed so incredibly to restrict the defending he had to do to heading away attempted long balls or beating an opposition player in a foot race to a long ball played through a channel for a lot of his appearances allowed how lacking he is in his reading of the game, positioning, anticipation and in one v one's when the opposition player has the ball and in how easily he can be targeted at our defensive set pieces simply slipped under the radar, because all our other players stopped those gaping flaws in his game being exposed and opposition players having the opportunity to expose them

He's not a good CB, that he was ever playing when Matip was fit was absolutely criminal
    He’s pretty good to be fair. Not as good since the injury but good enough to be part of a very tight defence for a long time. He’ll get back in there if he can get back to top form cos matip simply won’t stay fit.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He’s pretty good to be fair. Not as good since the injury but good enough to be part of a very tight defence for a long time. He’ll get back in there if he can get back to top form cos matip simply won’t stay fit.
    Yeah, but Konate's miles better than Gomez too, and as quick, he's better than Gomez at everything, he's a proper CB for the way Jurgen likes to play, whereas Gomez was good when the press from our other 9 outfield players stopped him being exposed and when we didn't play with such a high line and Fab was sitting more in front of the 2 CBs, which is also when Fab was good and what the best use of him is. It is far FAR easier to look like a CB when you you're not playing as high a line and you have a mid or mids in front of you making the angles for you, it compensates massively for players lack of anticipation, positioning and awareness. Why do you think we dropped the line a little and made adjustments to how we played when we had no CBs other than Nat or Rhys?

You don't get absolutely bummed by the likes of Sterling and others to the point the manager feels the need to sub you if you're anywhere near being a top CB

It's the same with the No6, is the line's a little deeper and were playing one stays and one goes with the full backs (as we did in our run of 10 unbeaten with 8 wins to end the season) rather than both pushed constantly high, it's a lot more forgiving, a LOT more, if we're playing a very high line, with both full backs constantly pushed very high and you're playing No6 your reading of the game, anticipation and awareness of all the other players positions being at an incredibly high level becomes absolutely vital and that's what separates the men from the boys and the Henderson's and Gini's from the Fabinho's

We don’t know how good Konate is yet let’s be fair and as if Nat is in front of Gomez absolutely no chance.

Matip is our second best CB but can we get him on the field ? I’m not confident he will play more than 15 games.

I think Gomez might play RB in some games too and Neco could probably do with a loan.

As for Gini I agree with Justme he is after a monster payday can’t blame him but no way we paying him the same.

I'm not hugely worried about Chelsea next season, that will depend on the business we do and they do in the transfer market as to whether i do or not, I thought they'd beat City in the Champions League because they'd set up to front foot press aggressively with 2 forwards making runs in behind and a player around their No6 stopping City playing their triangles between the 2 CBs and No6 where the vast majority of their play starts from, but whilst Tuchel has shown himself to be very good at setting up defensively to counter teams his side are considered the underdogs against even with their strength of squad, he hasn't shown himself to be able to set up to go after and out to attack teams consistently well yet and the top managers and teams will find ways to break down his defensive set up without leaving themselves over exposed next season and there remain question marks over Tuchel's ability in making Chelsea a top attacking side in games teams will look to park the bus against them