Page 496 of 659 FirstFirst ... 396446486489490491492493494495496497498499500501502503506546596 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It also shows more problems for Barcelona
    Agree. As much as Messi has carried them for many years it seems now that he's a bit of a millstone for them.
    They are just too scared to let him go but they need to start a new and get over the fact he's not the player he was and cash in whilst they can to start a rebuild..

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Keita was good at Leipzig too.

Ive seen him a few times myself and he looks good but as ive said a few times his injuries concern me.
    So was Timo. Just shows that the Premier league is a different ball game in comparison to the Bundesliga.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. As much as Messi has carried them for many years it seems now that he's a bit of a millstone for them.
    They are just too scared to let him go but they need to start a new and get over the fact he's not the player he was and cash in whilst they can to start a rebuild..
    He was still the top goalscorer in la liga this season by some distance. I can see why they want to keep him.

Would you not think that if he's not getting a game at BD he would struggle for game time at Anfield? We need to bring in people who'll push who we have and personally a player in that situation wouldn't give me that confidence.
    Klopp has liked him though so maybe he could bring more out of him?
    Appreciate what you're saying - it's ideal to strengthen the first team - but Milner is 35, Henderson gets a decent share of injuries and the less said about the availability of Keita, Ox and Shaqiri, the better.

Brandt has 29 League appearances or more for 6 years running now. If I thought he could put in 7/10 performances regularly under Klopp and be available 80% of the time I would definitely consider it - he could play as the more attacking of 3 mids and could be a rotation option for the left-hand side as well.

He probably could fulfill the combined minutes of last season's Ox, Keita, Shaqiri and Origi combined. Not saying you actually get him to cover for all four, but the combo of being playable in more than in position, good injury record, age, likely low price and Klopp rating him means I don't think he should be overlooked as an option.

Get two injury-prone squaddies out, replace with one regularly available squaddie. Rinse, repeat. Far better than the wages of unavailable players going down the drain and the efficiency of wages (paying one player rather than two) frees up allocated wages for topping up a key player's contract or paying a new transfer.

I'm not absolutely desperate to see Brandt here, but we should definitely weigh him up as an option.

He’s probably just off the back of his best personal season in quite a while. Be a weird time to let him go. Is it in his contract he can go for free every window?. Probably makes it more awkward. Yes you get his wages off the books but no fee to buy in quality with. And he’s still their best player.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He’s probably just off the back of his best personal season in quite a while. Be a weird time to let him go. Is it in his contract he can go for free every window?. Probably makes it more awkward. Yes you get his wages off the books but no fee to buy in quality with. And he’s still their best player.
    Definitely still their best player but there's always the wil he won't he circus that started about 18 months ago. I guess he's still their main attraction too.
    In short, I was talking total shite.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Keita was good at Leipzig too.

Ive seen him a few times myself and he looks good but as ive said a few times his injuries concern me.
    Keita's only ever played at the level we know he's capable of in a 3 with Hendo and Gini and we no longer have one of those players, need to get shut of Keita now and get De Paul in, his abilities just fit our set up perfectly, and infinitely better than Keita's do were he ever fit to play
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Keita's only ever played at the level we know he's capable of in a 3 with Hendo and Gini and we no longer have one of those players, need to get shut of Keita now and get De Paul in, his abilities just fit our set up perfectly, and infinitely better than Keita's do were he ever fit to play
    And how many games was that to make any kind of judgement? He's a dud but I think Jurgen still likes him.

I still remember when Nineteenx claim Luis Alberto was better than Joe Allen. The former played about 3 games for us and none of them were league games. He"knew" how good he was.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

So was Timo. Just shows that the Premier league is a different ball game in comparison to the Bundesliga.
    Timo remains an excellent player, even if Chelsea's set up doesn't quite suit his talents, Thiago had a tough first season too and adapted to offer what Hendo did in the 19/20 season to finish last season incredibly strongly, why did he struggle for so long? Not because the league is different, but because our set up and how we play was very different to Bayern's and Barca's when he was there and he had to change how he used his abilities to suit our team

Playing a midfielder, forward, full back or CB in a different system affects their effectiveness and form, because it's real football, not fantasy manager.

With Konate, that isn't the case though, the reason I liked and was asking why no-one was talking about him or looking at him 3 years ago was that he plays (including in the Champions League) exactly as Jurgen asks our best Cbs to play and he has every single attribute any player needs to operate like that AND he's played exactly that way since he first started his first team professional career at Sochaux when Jurgen immediately spotted that and has followed hiss progress ever since
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”