Page 497 of 659 FirstFirst ... 397447487490491492493494495496497498499500501502503504507547597 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Rumours doing the rounds that a deal is in place for Daka and is likely to be announced later this week Let's hope they're accurate
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Rumours doing the rounds that a deal is in place for Daka and is likely to be announced later this week Let's hope they're accurate
    I hope so then we just need to sort the midfield out, and sales

Origi must be going, if we do get him, hopefully we'll get a bit of money for him.

even if we have to sell a few players at cut price, as long as we actually sell them, it should equal to quite a bit of £££ to cover transfers, and make fsg happy.

Dear 19x
    What are your sources? Are you ITK?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I still remember when Nineteenx claim Luis Alberto was better than Joe Allen. The former played about 3 games for us and none of them were league games. He"knew" how good he was.
    To be fair to 19x it was not much of a judgement. Both were disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear 19x
    What are your sources? Are you ITK?
    No I am not, it's something numerous sites are running following a story today from the Zambian Observer to that effect, I hope it's true, then as Kev quite rightly says, we can focus on getting the 2 midfielders in we need this summer, one to play the Gini role, but with better medium to long passing and De Paul to be our more attacking CM to play at LCM and RCM

I still remember when Nineteenx claim Luis Alberto was better than Joe Allen. The former played about 3 games for us and none of them were league games. He"knew" how good he was.
    He was better than Joe Allen, as our most midfielders, he was a proper shitter, Welsh Xavi more like the Welsh Salif Diao

Also, I assume your post is a reference to my comments on Konate and Gomez

Well then, let's have a look at the attributes Jurgen looks for in CBs and do a comparison

Positioning and awareness Konate 9/10 Gomez 5/10
    Aerial ability in both boxes Konate 9/10 Gomez 5/10
    Pace Konate 8.5/10 Gomez 9/10
    Ability and composure 1v1 Konate 8/10 Gomez 4/10
    Passing ability from deep Konate 9/10 Gomez 4/10
    Tackling and interceptions Konate 8/10 Gomez 4/10
    Driving the ball forward Konate 8/10 Gomez 4/10
    Forwards in the hole Konate 8/10 Gomez 2/10

Gomez is quick and exceptional in a foot race and that's about it, he isn't a good defender at all, he's just quick, Konate could actually be the best passer we have at CB now, because of being developed playing at RB in some games too, he has balls down the line for forwards, balls through midfield, long balls over the top and switches to the forward or full back on the opposite side in his locker, he's arguably got more in his locker passing wise than Virgil. Played a ball in his last outing for France U21's to release Ikone that took 3 opposition players out of the game that any top midfielder would have been proud of, Gomez has only ever managed one successful right to left diagonal and that's it

Dear 19x
    You should not assume anything.
    But sometimes maybe you have been wrong?

Just read the Zambian observer story on Daka. That's the only link since last week, seems a strange to report that its set to be announced if there is nothing in it.
    Usually slack reports say things like "number one target" or "Deal close" etc.
    No new De Paul rumours so that looks unlikely right now but saying that a lot of our deals come from nowhere.
    One report on Newsnow, the Daily express saying that Origi to be sold to fund Bissouma transfer.

Timo remains an excellent player, even if Chelsea's set up doesn't quite suit his talents, Thiago had a tough first season too and adapted to offer what Hendo did in the 19/20 season to finish last season incredibly strongly, why did he struggle for so long? Not because the league is different, but because our set up and how we play was very different to Bayern's and Barca's when he was there and he had to change how he used his abilities to suit our team

Playing a midfielder, forward, full back or CB in a different system affects their effectiveness and form, because it's real football, not fantasy manager.

With Konate, that isn't the case though, the reason I liked and was asking why no-one was talking about him or looking at him 3 years ago was that he plays (including in the Champions League) exactly as Jurgen asks our best Cbs to play and he has every single attribute any player needs to operate like that AND he's played exactly that way since he first started his first team professional career at Sochaux when Jurgen immediately spotted that and has followed hiss progress ever since
    I disagree on Werner. He has missed more chances than all of our forwards put together. Might be good in other ways but he was bought to score goals and he hasnt done that anywhere near enough in my opinion. If we had bought him and had the return he's had at Chelsea we would be fuming.
    Might change next season mind.