Thread: Summer transfer thread

Liverpool lead the race to sign Juventus' Argentine defender Cristian Romero, who has previously been heavily linked with a move to Manchester United after impressing on loan at Atalanta. (Calciomercato - via Team Talk)

Really? Do we??

Doubt it very much

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Liverpool lead the race to sign Juventus' Argentine defender Cristian Romero, who has previously been heavily linked with a move to Manchester United after impressing on loan at Atalanta. (Calciomercato - via Team Talk)

Really? Do we??

Doubt it very much
    Lol, I know so much of it is click bait for 'hits' but why are they even bothering keeping linking us to CBs?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Lol, I know so much of it is click bait for 'hits' but why are they even bothering keeping linking us to CBs?
    Never know ? Possibly in response to the never ending whining about CBs all season...lol !

Romero would cost a decent amount. Even in the Covid market he might be £35m-£45m at a guesstimate.

In terms of what we most need and how conservative we are with our spending, a Romero chase would be a really strange use of our budget, unless Matip which was being sold for a decent sum, which I very, very much doubt he is.

Might be that Gomez is being viewed as a potential for sale and reinvestment… who knows? What with Matip being well known as made of glass. 2nd virtual full season he has missed through injury and only 3 weeks since his 24th birthday.

Maybe the thought of Gomez - Matip and Konate has got them thinking real world scenario.. 3x salary for 3 players who could all play less than 40 games in a season - combined.

Just a thought
    Last edited by Steveo; 15th June 2021 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Might be that Gomez is being viewed as a potential for sale and reinvestment… who knows? What with Matip being well known as made of glass. 2nd virtual full season he has missed through injury and only 3 weeks since his 24th birthday.

Maybe the thought of Gomez - Matip and Konate has got them thinking real world scenario.. 3x salary for 3 players who could all play less than 40 games in a season - combined.

Just a thought
    We should move one of them on really.

Can I hear the sound of barrels being scraped..??

“Liverpool are interested in Brighton's German midfielder Pascal Gross, 30. (Tuttomercato - in Italian)”

Sell all the players instead of loan

Grujic wilson minimanmin ono Origi etc even if it's at a bit cheaper price cus of covid

Buy Isak and a midfielder that's not gross ??????? Profit.

Shut the door.

Isak would cost a lot more than we are willing to pay I'd bet, hes at Societal so doubt he would be below 40m. Looks good mind.
    The link with Daka seems strange, if he joins we will have 3 attackers off to the AfcoN. It doesn't add up to me.

We can always play Fab & Hendo as a duo up top or either side of Bobby - worked so well using both at CB