Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Isak would cost a lot more than we are willing to pay I'd bet, hes at Societal so doubt he would be below 40m. Looks good mind.
    The link with Daka seems strange, if he joins we will have 3 attackers off to the AfcoN. It doesn't add up to me.
    Daka at 17mil maybe because he is cheaper and better?

Isak would cost a lot more than we are willing to pay I'd bet, hes at Societal so doubt he would be below 40m. Looks good mind.
    The link with Daka seems strange, if he joins we will have 3 attackers off to the AfcoN. It doesn't add up to me.
    How do you know who his mortgage lender is?

Zambia didnt qualify mate so he wont be going.

Daka is a risk but sometimes you need to take a chance on players in saying that he will probably end up at Lepizig.

Think we will end up with some surprising signings. Who? What ? But I think they will be Jurgen's signings!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Zambia didnt qualify mate so he wont be going.

Daka is a risk but sometimes you need to take a chance on players in saying that he will probably end up at Lepizig.
    Ah right. Forget what I said then! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Might be that Gomez is being viewed as a potential for sale and reinvestment… who knows?
    Not impossible - but I think improbable. He's young enough in centre-back terms and is home-grown, plus has the recovery pace for a high line. Matip, whilst being the better all-round player, is 29 - in terms of profile, if we were to sell one with a view to creating a space for another centre-back arrival, you would think it would be Matip we target for departure.

Never know though.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sell all the players instead of loan

Grujic wilson minimanmin ono Origi etc even if it's at a bit cheaper price cus of covid

Buy Isak and a midfielder that's not gross ??????? Profit.

Shut the door.
    This is the ideal situation, but we cannot force buyers.

I'd love (as an example) to have Isak come in, in place of Origi and Shaqiri. We won't want to buy someone first and be stuck with paying them AND having to pay for Origi and Shaqiri as well.

The calculated gamble (which won't necessarily pay off) is that we get buyers late in the window for the likes of Origi and Shaqiri and then we get a player coming in that can "fill" their playing time/spots.

We've seen with Wilson and Grujic that it doesn't always work - we ended up having to loan both. Ideally we can actually make the sales this time around and re-invest in the appropriate areas.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Announce Mbappe already.

That was a lovely solo effort against ze Germans that was chalked off.

Would fit us well with all our chalked off goals!

De Paul close to moving to Atletico booooooooooooooooooooo the lad was perfect to be our more attacking midfielder
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Anyone watch much La Liga on here? From what I've seen of Saul Niguez he could be a good replacement for Gini depending on the price