Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think we'll do our business after the Euros.

A midfielder partly funded by a Grujic sale, forward partly funded by whoever we move on of Shaqiri/Origi/Minamino - as I don't think we move them all, even if Klopp wants to.

Funds possibly topped up if an unexpectedly satisfying bid comes in for one of Ox or Keita.

Centre-back already acquired, midfielder, forward.

Any other business being small-fry financially, to do something like back up the goalie spot while Kelleher is on loan to supplement Adrian, or to get a right-back in on loan to back up Trent as he eases back to his best post-injury.

Would be my best guess.
    2 CMs Sid, Gini replacement and an attacking mid, what we have in that department aren't good enough or fit often enough, Hendo and Fab have both had medium terms injuries in the last 2 seasons, so a Gini replacement who can also operate at DM is absolutely essential, attacking mid is an absolutely must also, we've never got that signing right, Ox is now always injured and was very good his first season for how we played then, but the team and other players have evolved a hell of a lot since then, he simply isn't good enough anymore, not the required level, Shaq, Minamino and Keita never have been, Keita's never fit and he has only EVER played well in a midfield consisting of him Hendo and Gini and Gini's now gone, need to bin off the failures and mistakes at attacking mid and move forward, you want to be on top and stay on top, there's no place for sentimentality
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It honestly woildnt shock me at all if we didn't bring a midfielder in. Probably an unlikely scenario but not completely out of the question.
    2 midfielders. Now that would be a surprise, definitely don't see the budget going that far and that's even if we ship out the dross and wage thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It honestly woildnt shock me at all if we didn't bring a midfielder in. Probably an unlikely scenario but not completely out of the question.
    2 midfielders. Now that would be a surprise, definitely don't see the budget going that far and that's even if we ship out the dross and wage thieves.
    Be a recipe for missing top 4 next season imho. We need 2 midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    With Hendo's and Fab's midterm injury issues of the last 2 seasons it would be as huge a catastrophic gaffe not signing a Gini replacement who is also very good/better than Gini at DM as it was not signing a top class CB to replace Lovren last season

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    With Hendo's and Fab's midterm injury issues of the last 2 seasons it would be as huge a catastrophic gaffe not signing a Gini replacement who is also very good/better than Gini at DM as it was not signing a top class CB to replace Lovren last season
    We would have wanted a player to add a bit going forward even if gini didn’t leave. If we think what we have is winning back the league I think we’ll be disappointed. I won’t underestimate vvd back and Henderson back in but I still think more is required because Fabinho is 1 dimensional but also is part of our current best 3 midfielders. We need to be able to play Henderson at 6 at times and have a brilliant 8 to compliment him there IMO.

We would have wanted a player to add a bit going forward even if gini didn’t leave. If we think what we have is winning back the league I think we’ll be disappointed. I won’t underestimate vvd back and Henderson back in but I still think more is required because Fabinho is 1 dimensional but also is part of our current best 3 midfielders. We need to be able to play Henderson at 6 at times and have a brilliant 8 to compliment him there IMO.
    I agree, we're allegedly very interested in Neuhas with 2 or 3 other similar type players who can all play No6 or No8 are maybe not quite as good as Gini physically, but better overall passing to compliment what we already have, I can see us signing 2 CMs this window and then adding another next summer, which we will need to do. Big season for Fab imo, if we get another CM in who can play No6 or No8 and they prove better positionally, at reading the game, pressing and counter pressing and passing than Fab, his future might well be up for consideration next summer, needs to learn and learn quick and iron out his significant lapses imo

Agree fully. An injury to either Hendo,Fab or Thiago leaves us short. An injury to 2 of those 3 and we are fucked.
    I just don't see us shelling out for 2 mids. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    2 CMs Sid, Gini replacement and an attacking mid
    I know you won't like this, but I think Jones will be trusted, with probably one brought in.

I also think we are more likely to sign none than two. Can see the logic in people wanting two, particularly after last season.

Jones’ progression has stalled because of lack of game time. He needs a good season on loan in the Prem to find his level

Liverpool have 'intensified' their interest in Sparta Prague striker Adam Hlozek according to Football Insider.

Insider claim a 'recruitment source' has insisted the 18-year-old is on the radar of Liverpool this summer.

West Ham and AC Milan are also said to be interested with a £20m price-tag sslapped on the forward.

The teenager scored 15 goals and provided nine assists from 23 matches last term and was selected for EURO2020 with Czech Republic.