Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I know you won't like this, but I think Jones will be trusted, with probably one brought in.

I also think we are more likely to sign none than two. Can see the logic in people wanting two, particularly after last season.
    I agree. I’d be very pleased with two more exciting signings - one midfielder and one attacker. Then they have a few scraps to get rid of, hopefully with some decent income.

I can still envisage Firmino dropping deeper next season into CM/AM to prolong his career with us.
    Always fit!

I can see our midfield being even slower if Firmino drops into midfield. whats wrong with playing a strong 4/3/3? two holding midfielders one attacking and a out and out forward. If you wanna control the game later on by all means bring on Firmino and play him the false 9 position. The only way Bobby stays in the 11 for me is if he picks up his scoring ratio and gets at least 18/20 goals next season.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think a new striker is coming. Maybe 2.
    Who will he/they replace?
    Bobby's no slouch and has a lot of nous.
    I think he can fulfill such a role.
    Like Geoff Strong and Ray Kennedy - both signed up as strikers from Arsenal but ended up most successfully playing deeper.

Back in the day most teams played 4/4/2 and were very open. These days a lot of teams play the low block against us..
    I want a midfielder that doesnt slow our attacks.. When Firmino plays in the number false 9 role.. Teams pressing on him and our midfield can't get a break off him. I would prefer an out and out forward.. And a strong midfield..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Back in the day most teams played 4/4/2 and were very open. These days a lot of teams play the low block against us..
    I want a midfielder that doesnt slow our attacks.
    Well, let's hope we do get 2 CMs in and Jones is a developing squad player with most of his starts coming in the Cups then
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Sign isak now, replace firmino I don't care.

20+ goals if fit for the season 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sign isak now, replace firmino I don't care.

20+ goals if fit for the season 100%
    He's a big lad, is he any good with his head?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I think a new striker is coming. Maybe 2.
    Still think our main business will be one midfielder, one forward.

In a 4-3-3 you ideally want 6 players for 3 positions.

Think our front 3 depth will be something like Firmino, Mane, Salah, Jota, Elliott and a transfer - in no particular order.

The midfield depth I imagine will be Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Jones, Ox OR Keita and then a transfer - Milner occasionally filling in as the "7th" player where needed.

That Wijnaldum for Holland has been very good.