Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Why can’t our lads just match them and buy 1 or 2 players to elevate us. It’s all we need.
    I don’t know mate I mean the players still haven’t had much of a break with Copa America and Euros then we lose 2-3 to African Nations.

This season will still be disrupted by Covid and lack of a break we can match City first 13-14 players sure but their squad is far stronger and that like last season will be key again.

There's this lad called Wijnaldum playing for Holland who is the Euro's current top scorer who looks pretty decent
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There's this lad called Wijnaldum playing for Holland who is the Euro's current top scorer who looks pretty decent
    Yeah, too bad he couldn't be doing that on a more consistent basis for his club....er.....I mean,....former club.

They might even have been in with a shout to actually defend their title this past season instead of barely scraping through to qualify for the Champions' League.

It's the lack of consistency and reliability that the Gini fans always love to overlook
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Yeah, too bad he couldn't be doing that on a more consistent basis for his club....er.....I mean,....former club.

They might even have been in with a shout to actually defend their title this past season instead of barely scraping through to qualify for the Champions' League.

It's the lack of consistency and reliability that the Gini fans always love to overlook
    he never got to play that role as the more attacking midfielder of our 3 Crimson, he played a deep lying controller role for us

Our midfield consists of, and has for some time

A No6/DM, 2 No8's one playing the controller role, the other playing as our more attacking midfield of the 3, sometimes it's a No6/DM and 2 No8's both playing as controllers
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    They will surely shipout some players like Sterling and make money from sales but it won't come close to balancing things out.
    If they manage to sell Sterling. hes on a huge whack of money and the transfer fee will be huge. whos gonna buy him??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If they manage to sell Sterling. hes on a huge whack of money and the transfer fee will be huge. whos gonna buy him??
    Wherever he goes they won't pay him what City are.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Wherever he goes they won't pay him what City are.
    True and hes obsessed with money.. That's why hes probably stalling on signing a new contract. hes not gonna be offered the same by Man-city either

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Pandemic, no crowds for a full season and 100m is their opening bid.
    Its fucking obscene but nobody will bat an eyelid at it. They're blatantly cheating again and not a whisper will be made.
    Chelsea are supposedly planning on a 250 million pound spend in this window

Meanwhile we'll spend less than everton.

Theres only 4 teams on earth that are not in financial mess due to the pandemic. One of them is Man-united who have suffered but are still rich enough for buy players.. Man-city Chelsea and Psg.all 3 have owners with very deep pockets.
    Right now apart from them no others are spending anywhere near huge amounts of money.
    Lets hope the rest of the league and other leagues beat them on the field and stop them winning trophies and thats all that maters