Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

best we can do is frigging minamino
    If that makes him score more then by all means try that
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    You mean we haven’t had a played obviously better than to rest of the team to bail us out when we’ve been utter garbage since he left, which is probably a good thing when looking at the current team because it’s full of quality and leaders dotted around the pitch or at least it was for those 3 good years. Hopefully we can get back on top form next season.
    The difference between then and now is, if we go 2-0 down now, we are not coming back to win the game. We have a good record of winning games when we go in front, but totally the opposite when we fall behind.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    You need to calm yourself down man. It's not even July !!
    Not entirely sure I need to calm down at all. We have lost Gini and gained a France under 21 CB from the Bundesliga. We are playing catchup.

You are free to stay as calm as you like... as am I to fret.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    The difference between then and now is, if we go 2-0 down now, we are not coming back to win the game. We have a good record of winning games when we go in front, but totally the opposite when we fall behind.
    I think the majority of games where anyone goes 2-0 down they are in big trouble. I prefer not to do that. We obviously didn’t come back too often back in stevies time either as we produced about 1 serious title challenge in his whole time playing for us. And then he happened to cost us it with that slip unfortunately.

@ Eggy don't you think we was reliant on salah alot for his goals last season? him alone got his alot of results when everyone else was firing blanks quite literally, even if took him many chances at least he scored eventually.

The X11 is great now, but we're still missing some quality players like we always have done, due to having no money under yanks.

The fact everton are getting a new stadium and still spend more money than us, not that it's done them much good yet but yeah, says it all really, and they've not been in the champions league, they've not won it or the league, but I suppose you don't get much money from that apparently?

Who knows.

We've not had a player capable of taking a game by the scruff of the neck since Gerrard left.
    No we haven't, but, we've had a team capable of taking games by the scruff of the neck, infinitely more powerful, not really sure how people don't understand this
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    @ Eggy don't you think we was reliant on salah alot for his goals last season? him alone got his alot of results when everyone else was firing blanks quite literally, even if took him many chances at least he scored eventually.

The X11 is great now, but we're still missing some quality players like we always have done, due to having no money under yanks.

The fact everton are getting a new stadium and still spend more money than us, not that it's done them much good yet but yeah, says it all really, and they've not been in the champions league, they've not won it or the league, but I suppose you don't get much money from that apparently?

Who knows.
    Definitely were reliant on salah last season. Most players we nowhere near the 3 really good years we had form. Still I’m not sure you could describe him as taking games by the scruff of the neck. Possibly I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Sounds fine Sid but after last summer and the lack of action this January - faith in our contingency planning is at the low end of the spectrum.

Edit: I am starting to fret already at a lack of activity. We are already playing catch-up and seem to be dragging our feet once more.
    Last summer we signed Jota & Thiago, both quality additions. Jota having comparable off the ball stats as Mane and a knack for scoring, Thiago a world class addition to the team and rated higher than any of our midfielders at that time.

January, we signed Kabak a 20mill rated CB on loan after a series of shitty injuries to centre backs.

With hindsight I think it's fair to say that Philip's was an upgrade on Lovren.
    Nobody rated him it seems, Klopp overlooked him for a while, but once given the opportunity he didn't fail to meet the requirements and played a pivotal part in our seasons ending form.

We've not had a player capable of taking a game by the scruff of the neck since Gerrard left.
    Think we have a few candidates for that but none at the level of Gerrard in doing it consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think we have a few candidates for that but none at the level of Gerrard in doing it consistently.
    If we have, they've been in hiding for 6 years.