Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Isn't Kelleher seeking a loan?

Robertson isn't homegrown - 90% sure on this - he played in Scotland and only had one year with Hull before turning 21 - welcome to being corrected of course.

Curtis Jones could probably be registered as an "official" home-grown player if we were stuck - doesn't need to be of course as he is so young, but I imagine we can explore that.
    Sid - Are we not starting to scrape the barrel in this category.
    From the old link I posted we looked reasonably OK for the next few years but those few years have now passed and we are now considerably weaker on that front
    How do we compare to our main challengers?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Sid - Are we not starting to scrape the barrel in this category.
    From the old link I posted we looked reasonably OK for the next few years but those few years have now passed and we are now considerably weaker on that front
    How do we compare to our main challengers?
    Context.

LEGS pointed out that Kelleher and Grabara are homegrown - putting Robertson's name forward as well.

I've suggested Kelleher might not be an option and that Robertson (probably) isn't homegrown.

I do agree that we could use a homegrown acquisition or two if we can purchase one and/or promote one. We'll know more at the end of the transfer window.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I thought British players are homegrown ?

Kelleher isnt British but he has trained here in youth footy for enough years to be classed as one.

Think you are right Robbo not homegrown.

Welsh players are but not Scottish ....!!

If we know Phillips wants to go might explain why we are keeping Davies as cover.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I thought British players are homegrown ?

Kelleher isnt British but he has trained here in youth footy for enough years to be classed as one.
    A “Home-Grown Player” means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Robertson had been playing in Scotland and only had a year with Hull before turning 21.

That's why I'm of the belief he doesn't qualify as home-grown.

Kelleher apparently wants a loan for game time (which would explain us signing Adrian on for more time) and if he does indeed go out on loan, he won't be a member of our squad for the year and thus won't count.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Sounds about right actually, get davies cheap as chips and make a profit on phillips

I'm going to assume we have to sell a fair few players first before we bring in that midfielder we need, and a possible attacker if we're lucky

we do have a lot to sell to be fair, just about finding buyers.

we could easily make 60-80m if not more. With wij's wages saved, and anyone who leaves, surely we can bring in a top midfielder, and a good forward option??

FSG won't even have to spend that much!

There's at least 6-7 players I could sell us selling without hurting the squad much at all (apart from needing another forward option) and let's say we get 10m each for them (could be easily more for a couple)
    Last edited by Kev0909; 23rd June 2021 at 05:14 PM.

The ones we need to go are Grujic Wilson and Origi.

We made an error not selling Wilson last year £13m was a fair offer imo.

I would say Shaqiri but im ok with him staying as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Kelleher and Grabara are homegrown too.

Robertson.
    ok thanks
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Found this link to help explain the situation but it is 2 years old..
    https://tribuna.com/en/news/liverpoolfc-2020-03-06-how-well-do-liverpool-cope-with-pls-homegrown-rules/
    From your list Justme
    Milner is getting on
    Hendo is also and has injury concerns.
    Gomez and Ox also have injury concerns.
    I think we are getting more than a bit light in that category.
    We don't really want to be putting people into that category just to make up squad numbers.
    yeah plenty of injured players in that list. Just i don't think the likes of Millner or Gomez will leave and will be part of the squad.Same with Oxlade..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sounds about right actually, get davies cheap as chips and make a profit on phillips
    Sell Tsimikas at a profit and offer Larouci a new contract. Hmmm...you may have a point.