Thread: Summer transfer thread

The current rules are not that clear.
    This link may help.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12052427/do-premier-league-clubs-need-to-sign-homegrown-players
    I would get ever more concerned if current discussions would result in the maximum number of foreign nationals being reduced (possibly due to Brexit and for CL games)

Robbo isn't homegrown - You have to have trained and played at a club under your FA's governance for 3 years up to the age of 21 to qualify

Grabara and Kelleher are, so as Kelleher is better than Adrian I didn't understand why we gave him a new contract, when we could have had Kelleher as No2 and Grabara at No3

As I understand it, you don't HAVE to have your 8 homegrown players, but not having it restricts the overall size of your squad
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    There's at least 6-7 players I could sell us selling without hurting the squad much at all (apart from needing another forward option) and let's say we get 10m each for them (could be easily more for a couple)
    Getting buyers is always the difficulty, but I agree - we have a few we can sell who are unlikely to "cost" us much (in terms of points lost per season) with their departure.

In terms of squad places and Homegrown rules (even before considering the financial side) it's easy to see why we aren't in a rush to buy players until we have made a sale or two.

No point bringing someone in and being stuck in a situation where you have to loan a player out that could have been sold. Better to free up a slot or two first.

Cautiously optimistic we can move on one or two of the likes of Origi/Shaqiri/Grujic/Wilson/Minamino/N Williams/Phillips and then move to bring someone in with the remaining time in the window.

Agree terms in principle in the background, hopefully sort things once the Euros are over (final is July 11th isn't it?) and you'd still have about 6 weeks to play with in terms of getting the "outs" to allow for an "in".

Why am I so retarded sometimes, I think I type too fast for my own good, "See us selling"

Well that's my excuse.

Sell us selling, hahaha. at least you can make out what I meant. but yes let's hope so sid, there's no point loaning players out until contract runs out or whatever, we need to just get rid of the "deadwood" and maybe some fringe players, if possible that don't really get a look in.

but I'd only want to sell Origi for example if we can get a decent replacement, otherwise we'll be worse off, but that's what we need another good forward option, and of course midfield.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 23rd June 2021 at 07:23 PM.

We should definitely keep Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Robbo isn't homegrown - You have to have trained and played at a club under your FA's governance for 3 years up to the age of 21 to qualify

Grabara and Kelleher are, so as Kelleher is better than Adrian I didn't understand why we gave him a new contract, when we could have had Kelleher as No2 and Grabara at No3

As I understand it, you don't HAVE to have your 8 homegrown players, but not having it restricts the overall size of your squad
    Dear 19x (apologies if this is a repeat post(
    You are correct.
    We can continue under current rules with just 17 foreign players and no requirement for English or home-grown players.
    Need to keep an eye especially on UEFA discussions regarding UEFA tournaments.
    Our squad of 25 should ideally have at least 17 capable of holding down a first team place.

(I didn't want to start another thread, but since there was talk earlier on of him possibly returning to the club for one more stint, I figured this could qualify as a transfer thread post).

Legend.
    I love this man.

I know he will always elicit divided opinion and harsh criticism, but as far as I'm concerned, he'll always be a Red.

"Luiz Suarez rules out Premier League return: I can't play against Liverpool"

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4417342/atletico-madrids-luiz-suarez-rules-out-premier-league-return-i-cant-play-against-liverpool

Atletico Madrid striker Luis Suarez has ruled out a return to the Premier League because he would find it "hard" to play against former club Liverpool."

Suarez, 34, enjoyed a four-year spell at Anfield from 2010-2014 and scored 82 goals in 133 appearances.

The striker almost led the club to the league title in the 2013-14 campaign but they finished in second place behind eventual champions Manchester City.

The Uruguay international said he is happy that Liverpool managed to secure their first Premier League title in 2019-20 but added he is not considering a second stint in England.

"Playing for any team other than Liverpool in England would be hard," he told World Soccer Magazine.

"I had, and hope I still do have, such a good relationship with Liverpool fans that it would be strange for me to play for somebody else.

"It would have been special to win the league with Liverpool, but I am glad that their wait is now over.

"They look like a team that will compete for many seasons to come even if this one has not been the best for them. They are back where they belong.
    "

You'll never walk alone, El Pistolero.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    (I didn't want to start another thread, but since there was talk earlier on of him possibly returning to the club for one more stint, I figured this could qualify as a transfer thread post).

Legend.
    I love this man.

I know he will always elicit divided opinion and harsh criticism, but as far as I'm concerned, he'll always be a Red.

"Luiz Suarez rules out Premier League return: I can't play against Liverpool"

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4417342/atletico-madrids-luiz-suarez-rules-out-premier-league-return-i-cant-play-against-liverpool

You'll never walk alone, El Pistolero.
    But money speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    But money speaks!
    So you seriously think he'd come back to play for one of our Premier rivals for a big money move and a big payday?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

MBappe's Anfield bound anyway, let Brenda have Daka