Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    MBappe's Anfield bound anyway, let Brenda have Daka
    We’ll need to install a diving board at the new training complex for him to practice his biggest skill with. I dunno. I just find him an incredible unlikable player. He hit the deck every time someone brushed off him tonight.

Expecting tenuous Renato Sanches links in the coming days.

Theres rumours of Mcginn now from Aston Villa
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    No fucking thank you, he's a shitter, well, not a shitter, he's a good steady enough player, just nowhere approaching the quality we need
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

James Pearce is quoted we are interested. But Villa want upwards of 50 million for Mcginn
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

James Pearce is quoted we are interested. But Villa want upwards of 50 million for Mcginn
    FIFTY million for McGinn, ooooooooh that's a classic, he's not worth 20m, he#s a poor man's Shaqiri except Shaqiri does at least have 1 or 2 excptional qualities and he has NEVER been good enough for us either

There are names that come up in areas we need a player, attacking mid in the mould of attackin mid McGinn is absolutely isn't one though, in which you look at the player, and despite not being ideal, they have 1, 2 or 3 elements to their game that are exceptional and really stand out whenever you see them play, McGinn doesn't even have ONE
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just read about that. Not exactly a thrilling link, hes a good player but not better than what we currently have. Say's a deal us unlikely due to the fee.

Perhaps in a minority here, but I'd actually take McGinn if the price was about half that - we'll go £25m for talk's sake.

He's tenacious and could probably be moulded into the 7/10-every-week sort of player that can be so useful in a squad, particularly with Klopp's guidance and being surrounded by the midfielders on our books and the sort of "positive" pressure that can bring to a player to elevate themselves.

£50m though is a bit of a joke of an asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Perhaps in a minority here, but I'd actually take McGinn if the price was about half that - we'll go £25m for talk's sake.

He's tenacious and could probably be moulded into the 7/10-every-week sort of player that can be so useful in a squad, particularly with Klopp's guidance and being surrounded by the midfielders on our books and the sort of "positive" pressure that can bring to a player to elevate themselves.

£50m though is a bit of a joke of an asking price.
    Good points Sid. He is a solid performer for Villa.
    I remember many years ago my self and plenty of fans being very underwhelmed about a guy called Gary Mcallister who we signed. Turned out pretty good.
    Not a flashy name but guys like Mcginn do a great undersung job

The next james milner? He's not going to take us up a level but you know if we could sign someone else too it wouldn't be too bad.