Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Useless fact for you ( you may already know). Adi and Rudolph Dassler formed Adidas in the 1940s. They fell out so Rudolph started his own sports brand called Puma.
    Indeed tees & another useless fact...

...Adi's real name was Adolf.

"Good call".

Renato was the best of the bunch for Portugal.
    If he should join (and shows promise of course) his song should surely be based on this.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcyfPpyt7CQ

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    When is the last time we signed famous superstar players? since Torres maybe?
    WAS Torres a superstar player prior to joining us?

I'd say he was simmering, sure - but he wasn't absolutely ablaze.

13 goals and 14 goals in the League for Atletico in the 2 seasons prior to joining us is "really good" but I don't recall him being the most sought-after centre-forward in world football or anything that year. Obviously he joined us and took the League by storm.

When Mane or Salah joined us they were perceived to be very good players, but not in the absolute elite bracket and I feel like Torres was another one of those "on the cusp of great things" players rather than already tearing it up.

Alisson and VVD were expensive but they were not world famous superstar like Mbappe with superstar wages.
    Harry Kewell was one of the best in the premier league at the time and there were a number of big clubs after him. It's a shame the way that one turned out

Alisson and VVD were expensive but they were not world famous superstar like Mbappe with superstar wages.
    Joe Cole?

Only in training.

Maybe we're signing mbappe after all! He'd fit right in here for most of last season, come and join the clinical Liverpool!

Liverpool could sign Porto's Brazilian attacking midfielder Otavio, 26, before Wednesday's deadline for his £34m release clause. (Star

An attacking midfielder is fine. we still need an holding one similar to Gini.. We basically have Henderson and Thiago and that Mr bump Keita and no one else. I don't think Curtis Jones is centre midfielder. I think he likes to play more forward.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If we can get Ward Prowse and swap him with Minamino. I'd be fairly happy with that.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century