Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Nothing to do with the facts we couldn't defend to save our lives??
    He's not having it Justme!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Nothing to do with the facts we couldn't defend to save our lives??
    Yep, our defence wasn't great, which is why you play and established DM there whose positioning makes it easier for them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

True!

I tend to say what I see. And I thought Gerrard was outstanding that season in the DM role.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yep, our defence wasn't great, which is why you play and established DM there whose positioning makes it easier for them
    Joe Allen is was and never will be an defensive midfielder..Lucas was injured for most of that season. And Gerrard played better in that role than Lucas ever played in his entire career with us..
    Lucas Levia was a great guy, I have no doubt about that.. But he was less than average has a player.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Love that tune for the Italian national anthem.
    Frattelli d'Italia is absolutely Gold and has been on my iPod for years.

Andre Silva signs for RB Leipzig for an initial €23 million after being second top scorer in the Bundesliga last season. There are some bargains to be had at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    They will get takers for Lingard probably around £30-35m someone like Villa West Ham Everton.

De Gea and Martial I agree but they are on £600k a week between them so they will want paying off a chunk of that as elite clubs not touch them which causes issues like Ozil did.
    This is just it, isn't it. The contrast between how we do business and how a club like United does business is chalk and cheese. They're very flamboyant/extravagant/careless/short-term when it comes to utilising their finances and we are very shrewd/risk-averse/cautious - possibly to a fault at times, I don't mind people querying it at all.

Wage precedents, wage structures, amortisation and all that are undeniably a bit dull.

Setting aside the fact that the money in football has reached obscene levels and the greed is killing the game, the more that fees and wages are inflated, then the more pressure there is on the finances in general. In turn, the less the club has for infrastructure and other club investments, and thus the higher chance of fans being hit in the pocket through further rises in ticket prices.

We've been able to invest, but have been able to do so due to being "sensible" - much as we want the star name signing and so on. Money invested in players was funded by recouping as much as we could from sales - Coutinho being one of the most obvious examples - though we can do back to Torres+Babel when looking at Suarez+Carroll and so on. Funds that have been invested have also been available due to a relative lack of mercenaries bleeding the club dry.

Man United for example have De Gea is on £350k per week, several more players on £250-300k per week, have got themselves into enormous club debt, and their stadium is falling apart - give yourself 5-10 minutes on Google to see the absolute state of the place - fixing it will require huge financial outlay. Meanwhile we have (overall) a fairly lean squad, with very few players you'd file under the "stealing a living" or "vastly over-paid" category and Anfield continues to be redeveloped/expanded/modernised within a sensible business structure.

I'd love to see a little more financial leniency when it comes to transfers so we can continue to challenge for the biggest honours - but we're still improving - Jota, Thiago and Konate have all arrived in the last 12 or so months and will contribute (attack, midfield, defence) and we'll continue to develop youth/find under-valued players and Klopp will get the most out of the tools at his disposal.

We'll be alright.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Andre Silva signs for RB Leipzig for an initial €23 million after being second top scorer in the Bundesliga last season. There are some bargains to be had at the moment
    Get in touch with our owners!
    Please!

Grabara our young Polish keeper has left for Copenhagen for 3 million English pounds.

Weres the Grabara money John W Henry ?

Its been grabbered