Thread: Summer transfer thread

Strangely linked with Saul Nigeuz. I thought he was nailed on for Bayern Munich.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Strangely linked with Saul Nigeuz. I thought he was nailed on for Bayern Munich.
    Nothing strange really with any such links TeesRed. Just agents doing their job I guess!

Strange as in very,very unlikely.

I may have him mixed up with Koke. He has spent his entire career there along with Niguez, I read a while that he is unlikely to ever leave ( I just can't remember which one) but it must be Koke as hes never linked with a transfer.

Jesus

Coutinho's fall from grace is reflected in his price tag as Barcelona are willing to accept offers around the £20m mark, a fraction of the price they paid to sign him from Liverpool, according to Football Espana.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Jesus

Coutinho's fall from grace is reflected in his price tag as Barcelona are willing to accept offers around the £20m mark, a fraction of the price they paid to sign him from Liverpool, according to Football Espana.
    Cheeky bid time?

£10 mill?
    Could still do a job in the middle of the park playing in the hole behind Bobby and spelling time for Jones/Ox/Jordan

(not a bad return from a 145 Million sale price)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Hahaaa - that would be epic if we did it but surely a bridge too far?

You never know but that would be robbery

Something major has clearly happened to him in his life. From our most influential creative player - sold to Barca for £142 million. Has a very good half a season for them - then falls totally out of favour…

Then the Bayern loan - flatters to deceive - shows moments of his brilliance and even plays in the CL final victory - but not enough for them to want to pay.

Back to Barca and he barely kicks a ball all season.

Much as I love him - his salary alone would be a risk at this point. Looks like a Keita type who will never be fit for any stretch.

One of them players you never quite know where to play him. Weakens your midfield when in a 3 and doesn't offer much on the left. Was outstanding in the last few months with us. But he was on form for that period.
    I look at Man-united they are buying all the attacking players.But they won't get away with playing Fernandes and Pogba + 1 in the midfield. They will lose too many games.

Its the reason we always seem to go in for false number 9s.. helps us control games better in the middle. It works if your number 9 scores enough goals though. so every time has its issues.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Barcelona are willing to accept offers around the £20m mark
    Smacks of an Everton signing if he goes for that. Though not sure it would be a Benitez signing.

"Look at us, look at us, we're relevant" vibes.