Thread: Summer transfer thread

Nike god help you. The away kit yuck. I miss NB. Obviously they are hurting our summer recruitment too ha.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Nike god help you. The away kit yuck. I miss NB. Obviously they are hurting our summer recruitment too ha.
    I don’t mind it 😬

It’s gone awfully quiet. Maybe just a smoke screen for a big transfer?

I think we'll end up with Tielemans Bissouma (or ward-prowse) Doku and Malen.. Origi/Shaqiri and Minamino will leave.
    I still have massive doubts over Thiago..He scares me shitless when teams break and when he passes the ball and loses it.
    But if we end up with Malen.. I think Thiago will be better in the sense of playing the ball into him.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Doku had potential but is raw. He is very much an "athlete" right now but how much more he will show remains to be seen - some players with athletic prowess never really develop further beyond that (Alberto Moreno a prime example) and to develop, I'd want Doku getting a serious amount of match-time. Which he won't get ahead of, say, Mane.

Saul from Atletico is one that looks great on paper, but something doesn't add up for me. He's just off a "mixed bag" season and Simeone's set-up does somewhat run players into the ground. Given that we'll want to develop Jones (and haven't shifted Ox+Keita) whilst having a first-choice three of Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho, he may be a tricky player to accommodate - unless perhaps we're selling Keita and are thinking ahead to a post-Milner time - much like Thiago arguably "replaced" Wijnaldum ahead of time.

Ponderings aside, it will be an interesting window. I'd prefer we leaned towards the 23-26 year old bracket to prevent problems further down the line, but we'll see.

Would be happy enough with Bissouma. Was a bit unimpressed with Tielemans when faced with Insigne. Perhaps being harsh there judging on a singular action at an international tournament, but he gave Insigne absolute free reign for that shot, which, although spectacular, could have been prevented.

That type of thing wouldn't fly in our set-up. Though he can learn under Klopp's tutelage of course, should he arrive.

Whispers of Renato Sanches for 42m euros.

Think you’re on to something Justme. Tielemans might be heading our way with Leicester signing soumare and daka
    Last edited by TheDOC1979; 8th July 2021 at 11:03 PM.

I was impressed with Sanches in the Euros, I'd be happy with him.

Amazed sturridge hasn't got a club still could do a job in Scotland etc. Maybe he's not had big enough offers money wise?? Surely better than nothing though

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Amazed sturridge hasn't got a club still could do a job in Scotland etc. Maybe he's not had big enough offers money wise?? Surely better than nothing though
    He needs better odds so he can bet on the outsider club and join that
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Long-term injured defenders Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez plus new signing Ibrahima Konate will all kick off pre-season at Liverpool's training camp in Austria on Monday.

That’s three new signings right there! Edwards you genius!

Joking aside, I hope the injuries haven’t left a lasting affect on either of them. Always worry when you’re out for so long, what shape tendons and ligaments are in and if a slight knock can aggravate previous injuries. Fuck you prickford, hope you get nutmegged in the final