Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    If Konate is the only major signing then it appears that the club are settling for a top 4 spot
    We have the most incredible manager in world football for just another 3 seasons, FSG need to wake up to what they have and may hay while the sun shines, it might be decades before we are able to land a manager of his incredible and unique ability again
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Not to mention all our best players get a year older

way it's going in a few years we'll need 5-6 big signings

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Not to mention all our best players get a year older

way it's going in a few years we'll need 5-6 big signings
    1 or 2 more trophies and complete the stadium and they’ll look to sell I’d say. We end up a plastic club eventually

We'll probably end up like Crystal palace, a aging squad and players leaving on a free due to not renewing contract or selling. I.E wij... very unlikely but it's possible unless FSG actually make some good young signings over the next few years, konate is a start.

If you dont' do it now, it'll only build and build to the point we'll need massive investment to compete, or maybe even to make top4

Think personally we need to start replacing the front 3 or at least have someone come in that's very promising and start rotating...

Can we have another season of mane and Firmino being pants????? hopefully they'll get more back to their oldselves... if not 0 sell on value. getting older.. firmino has been crap for a year and a half apart from the odd game.

Good luck to FSG doing sell to buy policy if that's the case.. Lols.

Midfield is a huge issue for me too, apart from jones(who i don't think is good enough at the moment) henderson thiago (who seems rather over-rated) for us anyway, and Milner not getting any youngr.. Ox.. Keita? don't make me laugh.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 10th July 2021 at 02:43 PM.

We will sign some new younger players this summer.

Not a chance we only sign Konate it just isnt going to happen.

Once the Euros and Copa America is over then signings will be done just take a look at Spurs Chelsea City United Arsenal hardly signed a player between them.

Things will move forward in next 2-3 weeks it was not realistic to sign players by pre season as shown by how other clubs have acted.

I do believe a lot of the transfer activity will happen after tomorrow's Euro final is done.

On another note:
    Reports that LFC and Porto have agreed on a permanent transfer of Grujic, reportedly at €13m.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Think personally we need to start replacing the front 3 or at least have someone come in that's very promising and start rotating...
    You get players in that can rotate and/or players that can ease that transition, plus you have academy ones come through to supplement that - and yes, of course, you make a good purchase when appropriate.

Currently Jota, Minamino, Musialowski and Elliott are those - and we will add to it in the appropriate time. There's no point having someone on £100,000 who maybe sits on the bench, given Klopp's love of team chemistry and keeping as consistent an XI as possible.

Give over will you?

Minamino and Elliot aren't going to help us win the league or champions league, even Jota who I feel was massivley hyped after going on a scoring streak when we needed it the most, then was poor since.
    Musialowski who? is he going to bring it home? a u18>? it seems we're putting all our hopes on them to come good, when how often do we hype up youngsters for them to end up, playing in scotland.

I struggle to see Minamino even being a good signing for everton, or Southampton, as he couldn't even get starts for them most of the time.

Oh well, you keep dreaming.

At least we might be in Europa soon

I for one don't want to see the same pathetic shit we saw up front last season again next season, that's for sure. God help us if salah gets injured.

I'm not sure why you left out Shaqiri as he's currently better of all of them, apart from jota and it seems we want to get rid ASAP. and even Shaq had a better euros.

Rather have a player that's already at a really good standard and young that can come into the team and make a difference now, on 100k than Shaqiri and Origi on the bench, not to mention the Injury crooks...... same goes for the aging midfield, once again let's hope jones will be good enough at some point otherwise we're in trouble, as they're all getting on, or body of a 60 year old after all the injury's..
    Last edited by Kev0909; 10th July 2021 at 05:16 PM.

I honestly don't know why the manager isn't handed at least £150 million every season. The money the club brings in from tv alone never mind Nike is staggering.
    I'll reserve judgement on the owners until the start of the season but I would really hope our transfer business isn't fucking about the bargain basement on the last day of the season.
    They let Jurgen down in the January transfer market with not having at least Kabak sorted for the start of January and it went from bad to worse the longer January went on. Jurgen has a new contract to sign coming soon and if the owners don't keep him happy he'll be off to pastures new, and I for one won't blame him.

Luis Alberto is trying to force a move out of Lazio. Atletico are loosely linked.

Two things should be noted about Luis Alberto. First, Lazio value him at 50-60m Euros.

Second, we negotiated a 30% sell-on fee when we parted ways with him.

If Atletico do indeed sell Saùl to us and then went on to buy Luis Alberto, we'd be laughing. Further laughter if we were to sell Shaqiri on to Lazio when they inevitably aim to replace Luis Alberto.

Fanciful perhaps, but that would be some fun.