Page 559 of 659 FirstFirst ... 59459509549552553554555556557558559560561562563564565566569609 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    United readying up Varane transfer…aren’t these fuckers in shit loads of debt? FFP anyone or is that just another in house joke
    I don’t think debt is banned, it’s just that the club has to be able to cover its costs, including debt services, so that if the owners have to hand the club over it won’t go bankrupt
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Dont worry mate Kelleher is number 2 😁
    That’s harsh.

Pre season under way

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/437682-gallery-trent-salah-mane-and-tsimikas-take-lactate-test-in-austria

Still far too many players in those pics who have never been good enough and never will be good enough Edwards and Jurgen need to get out of the door this window and get better players in place of
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I don’t think debt is banned, it’s just that the club has to be able to cover its costs, including debt services, so that if the owners have to hand the club over it won’t go bankrupt
    You wonder how they’re covering their costs with the “crippling debt” they have.

Good signing to be honest. Sucks he’s going there

United readying up Varane transfer…aren’t these fuckers in shit loads of debt? FFP anyone or is that just another in house joke
    "Covid 19 has generated a revenue crisis and had a big impact on the liquidity of clubs. This is a crisis which is very different from anything we have had to tackle before. In such a situation obviously clubs are struggling; they have difficulties in complying with their obligations.

I think in general rules must always evolve. They have to adapt to the context in which clubs operate. The break-even rule, the way it works now it looks backwards: it performs an assessment of a situation in the past [looking at profit and loss over three previous seasons. The pandemic represents such an abrupt change that looking to the past is becoming purposeless.

So maybe the rules should have a stronger focus on the present and the future and should definitely have stronger focus on the challenges of high levels of wages and the transfer market. The solution of this is not easy."

- a few quotes from Andrea Traverso, from an article back in March - doesn't provide much help admittedly. I think the last FFP update was that, due to the pandemic, FFP regulations would be measured over a two-year spell, rather than one year. So a club could risk going over-budget for a year with a view to pulling it back later on. In United's particular case, they could very well be looking at something like selling Pogba and Martial, which would help to reduce any "dent" of Sancho+Varane.

Don't like seeing them strengthen, needless to say. We could do with a couple of buyers of our lesser-utilised players, but I think a lot of clubs will "bargain hunt" before coming to us so it might be a window of late action and last-minute nonsense, which will suit Sky Sports News no end!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

@GrizzKhan
    Borussia Mönchengladbach have made a bid of around £11 mill for Divock Origi . #LFC

No idea how reliable I'm afraid.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

You wonder how they’re covering their costs with the “crippling debt” they have.

Good signing to be honest. Sucks he’s going there
    Debt that isn't crippling can become crippling if interest rates change. I look around at some of the mortgages people I know have in London and they can only be serviced in this absurdly low interest environment. That environment could be about to change quite quickly, what with the arrival of inflation. So, we'll see what effect that has on football in good time.

Who are we signnningggggg?? seen millions of players mentioned in the last few weeks.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    @GrizzKhan
    Borussia Mönchengladbach have made a bid of around £11 mill for Divock Origi . #LFC

No idea how reliable I'm afraid.
    Wish him well if he goes. Deserves to be playing

Hopefully F$G don’t price him out of a move

Every little helps

Blue stripe here we come…