Page 560 of 659 FirstFirst ... 60460510550553554555556557558559560561562563564565566567570610 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Romano reckons Sanches is our likeliest next signing.
    Linked with Saul and Anguissa from Fulham. I remember him having a good game against us once but can't say I've watched much of Fulham to know anymore.
    Any of you guys watched him?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Romano reckons Sanches is our likeliest next signing.
    He’s cheapest so it’s probably true

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Pre season under way

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/437682-gallery-trent-salah-mane-and-tsimikas-take-lactate-test-in-austria

Still far too many players in those pics who have never been good enough and never will be good enough Edwards and Jurgen need to get out of the door this window and get better players in place of
    Looks like Klopp’s got contact lenses. I’ve never seen him without his glasses before.

The big man’s back.

The new kid on the block.

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Who are we signnningggggg?? seen millions of players mentioned in the last few weeks.
    Mbappe, obviously!!

he'd only be offered 150/200 thousand a week.. When he can wait a year and get paid 600 thousand a week at Madrid. I think we all know the likely outcome.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    he'd only be offered 150/200 thousand a week.. When he can wait a year and get paid 600 thousand a week at Madrid. I think we all know the likely outcome.
    He'll take what's being offered or we'll send 19x and CCTV to make him see sense.

This list will change, but seeing as people keep asking where the incoming transfers are, I thought having it up as a rough guide (to be quoted/edited at a later stage when relevant) might be helpful. If I have made any mistakes on the rules, those can be corrected too as folks pick me up on them.

Goalkeepers -

Alisson Becker
    Caoimhín Kelleher - homegrown
    Adrian

Defenders -

Virgil van Dijk
    Joe Gomez - homegrown
    Kostas Tsimikas
    Andy Robertson
    Ben Davies - homegrown
    Joel Matip
    Ibrahima Konate
    Nat Phillips - homegrown
    Trent Alexander-Arnold - homegrown
    Neco Williams - still currently falls under youth exemption and thus doesn't need registered(?)

Midfielders -

Fabinho
    Thiago Alcantara
    James Milner - homegrown
    Naby Keita
    Jordan Henderson - homegrown
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - homegrown
    Marko Grujic
    Curtis Jones - still currently falls under youth exemption and thus doesn't need registered(?)

Forwards -

Roberto Firmino
    Sadio Mané
    Divock Origi
    Diogo Jota
    Xherdan Shaqiri
    Mohamed Salah
    Takumi Minamino

There's 28 names there. 25-man squad is the goal. Of the 25-man squad, 8 of them must be homegrown players. No more than 17 can be foreign players. A side MUST register at least three goal-keepers.

There are 8 names that fall under the homegrown category there - two names as well exempt from registration due to age - Jones will "solve a problem" there in future as he will count as homegrown, Neco Williams is linked with a move away (wants first-team football) and thus probably will not.

Of those 8 names one is Milner (possibly 21/22 will be his last season as a first-team player) a back-up goalkeeper in Kelleher, a centre-back who is very low down the pecking order in Nat Phillips (who may be up for sale) and a centre-back we acquired in January and have not yet used in Ben Davies. Not to mention increasing injury issues (and being 30) for Henderson, plus Ox being something of a regularly crocked player.

We then have 18 lads who don't fall under the homegrown category. You're allowed 17. Grujic looks to be on his way out so we will be on the max of 17 players. I should probably point out that I haven't even mentioned Karius, that we might have to de-register, so we'd be paying his wages for a year while he isn't on loan to anyone, just floating around like a silent-but-deadly.

So even if we assume Karius is de-registered or cut loose and that Grujic goes, when it comes to non-homegrown players, we are operating on a one-in, one-out strategy to keep things "legal" - a better way to phrase it would be one-out, one-in. We need buyers. Until people come in for the likes of Origi, Shaqiri and Minamino, we have to be careful about making approaches for players irrespective of how much/little money we have or how willing/unwilling you think FSG are with purse strings so do bear that in mind.

Worth noting also that we are probably keeping an eye out for players that might become available, of an appropriate age, who would be homegrown, so as not to stock up problems later on. Given our situation, it's quite easy to see why we want to promote Academy players.

Signings will come. But we have to be patient and we have to read the market properly - it's circumstantial stuff.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He'll take what's being offered or we'll send 19x and CCTV to make him see sense.
    As Reg put in his 19x's downfall youtube parody "Impossible, who the FUCK would stay in France given the choice, he's lying to you" (About Benzema at the time)
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

John Percy@JPercyTelegraph
    #Wolves have today agreed a €12m fee with #Roma for goalkeeper Rui Patricio, the deal will go through later this week. Wolves will complete the £6.8m signing of #Olympiacos goalkeeper José Sá as his replacement in the next few days.

Agents like Mendes sorting these little manoeuvres out to line their own pockets does the market no good whatsoever.

Rui Patricio is 34(?) with one(?) year left on his contract yet they're getting €12m? Doesn't add up.

If players are stupid enough to let their agents take huge whack of the transfer agreement..Then they cant be all that intelligent.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century