Page 563 of 659 FirstFirst ... 63463513553556557558559560561562563564565566567568569570573613 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,630 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Just did not work for us !4
    Thats right.

I feel sorry for Dortmund. They’ve been selling great players over the years. Making a ton of profit, but is that what they want to be considered as? Bunch of sellers? Haaland is probably next.

Guess you can’t complain as the German league has pretty much been dominated by Bayern and if Dortmund make it into champions league every season and are content with that, guess we’ve found the German Arsenal equivalent

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I feel sorry for Dortmund. They’ve been selling great players over the years. Making a ton of profit, but is that what they want to be considered as? Bunch of sellers? Haaland is probably next.

Guess you can’t complain as the German league has pretty much been dominated by Bayern and if Dortmund make it into champions league every season and are content with that, guess we’ve found the German Arsenal equivalent
    Unreal how they've got such a knack for bringing good players through too. Theres something in the water there!
    Its a real shame they can't keep hold of them to challenge Bayern long term.

@JamesPearceLFC on Youri Tielemans and Renato Sanches:

"I'd be amazed if Youri Tielemans joined Liverpool. Renato Sanches - I checked it out a couple of weeks ago and was told he wasn't a player Liverpool were pushing ahead with at that time." [1892 podcast]
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Tielemans will cost over 60 million and we aint paying that money for him. We are selling to buy club.. We don't get Shaqiri Origi Minamino Gruic Wilson off the books. We will not be signing many players. Simple has that..
    Midfield and up front needs sorting massively.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Unreal how they've got such a knack for bringing good players through too. Theres something in the water there!
    Its a real shame they can't keep hold of them to challenge Bayern long term.
    I think that's as much to do with their managerial turnover as anything else.

Atletico Madrid and Dortmund have pretty similar transfer strategies in terms of seemingly selling a "starter" nearly every season. Atletico have been very competitive over the last decade or so and have allowed Simeone to maintain his style of play, which their supporters have bought into (probably little chance of that happening long-term in England) which has helped.

If Dortmund could find their "next Klopp" and hold onto him, I think they'd get that better balance when it comes to simultaneously being perceived as European elite, whilst also essentially being a "selling club".

Dortmund may not have Mislintat doing their scouting anymore, but they still find gold.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Someone has to sign in midfield, replacing the most consistent and reliable player with no-one is pointless.

I just wish to know where the money has gone?. Henry said the 500 million investment was to overwrite some of issues the covid caused the finances.
    Like ive commented several times now, the debt belongs to the club. And excessive income belongs to the owners. The facts remain since we signed Allison 3 seasons ago. We have only signed Jota and most of the revenue for that transfer was recuperate in sales. Of course we have got Konate now. But we will sell several players to get his fee back
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If we want to challenge even for top 4 we need three substantial signings and Tielemens is in that category

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    If we want to challenge even for top 4 we need three substantial signings and Tielemens is in that category
    Ward-Prowse would be good