Page 564 of 659 FirstFirst ... 64464514554557558559560561562563564565566567568569570571574614 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

I don't see how Tielemans is even linked with us, he's not good enough without the ball or in the press or when pressed and passing wise, he isn't as good as either Hendo or Thiago, what would we want with such a player AND why on earth would we pay 60m for such a player

I could understand us paying big money for Rice, needs work, but playing him with Hendo and getting him in the same mould of of always looking to continually improve, evolve and develop his game, with Hendo getting him integrated into the press and counter pressing, he could be a great signing, there are players who are much better players than him right now available for far less, but we need our homegrown contingent, and I think we're going to have to pay big money for one of the more proven English players sooner or later
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    If we want to challenge even for top 4 we need three substantial signings and Tielemens is in that category
    Tielemans is in the category of being absolutely hopeless when pressed, not being good enough in the press or without the ball in general and not being better than either Hendo or Thiago with the ball
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Tielemans is in the category of being absolutely hopeless when pressed, not being good enough in the press or without the ball in general and not being better than either Hendo or Thiago with the ball
    Ward-Prowse?

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Someone has to sign in midfield, replacing the most consistent and reliable player with no-one is pointless.
    I think Thiago was the Wijnaldum replacement as it were - and we just did the business ahead of time, with a view to furthering Jones' development - but we'll see!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think Thiago was the Wijnaldum replacement as it were - and we just did the business ahead of time, with a view to furthering Jones' development - but we'll see!
    Thiago came good in the last few games, I hope he carries on.

What is funny is the journos have no idea that is why any realistic CM is being linked.

We'll sign someone it could be someone we dont expect.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    What is funny is the journos have no idea that is why any realistic CM is being linked.

We'll sign someone it could be someone we dont expect.
    Ward- Prowse?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Ward- Prowse?
    You seem to like him !

I would be ok with him but I doubt we sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Ward- Prowse?
    Pretty much only good over dead balls.

We only have Trent for set pieces, Ward- Prowse would be a good alternative imo.