Page 566 of 659 FirstFirst ... 66466516556559560561562563564565566567568569570571572573576616 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Joel “made of glass” Matip?
    He's on too good a contract here!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Can you take the "credible" journos seriously at all anymore? Seem to be well outside the loop and often wrong.
    It's hard to say. Generally I tend to look at the ones they say nothing on, yet don't actively deny.

None of the "credible" journalists have rubbished the Bissouma links for example, which to my mind (probably wrongly) makes him more likely than most in terms of those we might genuinely be looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    He's on too good a contract here!
    I presume we’re not even counting Davies in the mix?…poor lad

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    James Pearce used to be one of n4cs reliable guys, but it seems these guys are sucking on lemons and fed disinformation too.
    I don't mind Pearce. He seems the most reliable and doesn't say or post until he definitely knows whereas the likes of Romano seem to chat shit each day.

I presume we’re not even counting Davies in the mix?…poor lad
    He signed a 6 year contract worth over 50 grand a week, 3 million a year. So not so poor lad !!

Apparently we turned down 8.5m to sign Kabak. 🤦🏽*♂️
    Remember how many we have though.

Van Dijk
    Matip
    Konate
    Gomez
    Phillips
    Davies
    R. Williams

Having an 8th centre-back who wouldn't be homegrown would be mad, no matter the value.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Regarding the Dortmund topic - they're essentially Southampton in a less competitive league.

I'm all for bringing in young hungry players but not just to develop and sell on. They have to be building towards something.

Regarding Balotelli - nevermind his lazy attitude, he just isn't a good player. It's crazy to think we went from the always moving, livewire of a player in Suarez to 3 of the most immobile/static players I have ever seen in Balotelli, Benteke and Lambert! Rodgers needed someone with a bit of movement and energy to try and replace Luis. Tevez, Sanchez or Vardy would have been a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Remember how many we have though.

Van Dijk
    Matip
    Konate
    Gomez
    Phillips
    Davies
    R. Williams

Having an 8th centre-back who wouldn't be homegrown would be mad, no matter the value.
    How many do you need? Last season was a freak. It just doesn't/shouldn't happen to lose all 3/4/5 plus the others throughout the season. Any of the top clubs would struggle with our injuries. Look how poor City were when they list Laporte for the 2019 season. Imagine them losing Stones, Otamendi and Fernandino at the same time. Throw in DeBruyne in too for good measure!

I'd be happy going into the season with

Vvd
    Phillips
    Gomez
    Konate

Move Matip on if we can. Williams is nowhere near and I couldn't even pick Davies out of a line up.

Think Thiago is Wij's replacement.

Hendo
    Fab
    Thiago

Milner
    Keita
    Ox
    Jones

We definitely need something else in midfield, not in terms of numbers but in reliability. If you could guarantee 30 games a piece for Ox and Keita I'd stick with them, but we know we'll be lucky to get 30 games between them.

Salah
    Mane
    Firmino

Jota
    Shaqiri

We definitely need another in here. I like Shaq, but like Ox, Naby and Matip he just can't be relied upon.

We must be able to muster the £70/80m needed to add the squad?

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    How many do you need? Last season was a freak.
    That's just it isn't it. Quite a number of fans want Kabak because they see a bargain, but we shouldn't even be looking at 6 or 7 centre-backs being what we need, never mind 8.

Given that we have a couple coming back from injury and that Matip is made of glass, I can understand having a 5th and maybe an academy lad that doesn't need registered, but we don't need to go nuts with it.

In terms of the mustering of the £70m or so, we can certainly generate funds, but we need to free up spaces in the squad and that requires buyers coming in for our lesser-used players. Our more "expendable" lads won't be highly desirable to the clubs out there rooting around for bargains due to the damage done by the Pandemic. There will be a lot of sides that trust in youth, loans and free agents I feel - not at the elite level, but your Crystal Palace or Borussia Monchengladbach and so on will likely seek to be conservative with spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That's just it isn't it. Quite a number of fans want Kabak because they see a bargain, but we shouldn't even be looking at 6 or 7 centre-backs being what we need, never mind 8.

Given that we have a couple coming back from injury and that Matip is made of glass, I can understand having a 5th and maybe an academy lad that doesn't need registered, but we don't need to go nuts with it.

In terms of the mustering of the £70m or so, we can certainly generate funds, but we need to free up spaces in the squad and that requires buyers coming in for our lesser-used players. Our more "expendable" lads won't be highly desirable to the clubs out there rooting around for bargains due to the damage done by the Pandemic. There will be a lot of sides that trust in youth, loans and free agents I feel - not at the elite level, but your Crystal Palace or Borussia Monchengladbach and so on will likely seek to be conservative with spending.
    I think there is a Talking Heads song Sid entitled 'stop talking sense'.