Page 570 of 659 FirstFirst ... 70470520560563564565566567568569570571572573574575576577580620 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I guess it means we would like him to stay as 5th choice and play cup games.

I think if Davies said he wants first team football we would have to let him go.

Its a tough one but with Gomez/Matip being two of the four he will possibly see some premier league minutes.

Phillips looks to have told the club he wants to play regular footy reading between the lines.
    Or is the one out of the three who will generate most money. Can’t see anyone paying much for Williams or Davies.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Or is the one out of the three who will generate most money. Can’t see anyone paying much for Williams or Davies.
    I agree but they will pay more as he has more top level experience and his stock is high.

If we keep Phillips we may only get £2m next year.

I wouldnt sell Rhys Williams he is talented kid we need to see how he does on loan for a season or two.

Taiwo Awoniyi looks an absolute tank in training pics. Almost a Lukaku type build.

Would be such a treat if he impressed in pre-season. Apparently it'll be the first time he'll have spent pre-season with us in his....6(?)....7(?)....years here, as opposed to spending pre-season with clubs he was loaned out to.

Think he's 23 now so I very much doubt his future is with us but at least he gets 4 weeks to try to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Taiwo Awoniyi looks an absolute tank in training pics. Almost a Lukaku type build.

Would be such a treat if he impressed in pre-season. Apparently it'll be the first time he'll have spent pre-season with us in his....6(?)....7(?)....years here, as opposed to spending pre-season with clubs he was loaned out to.

Think he's 23 now so I very much doubt his future is with us but at least he gets 4 weeks to try to impress.
    He does look a big unit. Hope he gets a chance now he’s got a work permit.

I agree but they will pay more as he has more top level experience and his stock is high.

If we keep Phillips we may only get £2m next year.

I wouldnt sell Rhys Williams he is talented kid we need to see how he does on loan for a season or two.
    He’s so slow though

Sounds like he should have been part of that Fast Show sketch........the Unpronounceables.

Swap him for Immobile
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He’s so slow though
    He isnt quick granted but plenty of top centre backs had little pace its how you read the game.

With a high line he is a risk but so was Phillips.

Klopp wont be here forever and a new manager may defend deeper so his pace isnt as much a problem.

I'd like to see him play regular football elsewhere on loan then we can see how he has progressed he was chucked in at the deep end last season and I thought all in all he did well.

Klopp wont be here forever and a new manager may defend deeper so his pace isnt as much a problem.

That’s like buying a shirt to wear once you’ve lost weight. Ill advised

Just take a look in my wife’s wardrobe…..