Page 571 of 659 FirstFirst ... 71471521561564565566567568569570571572573574575576577578581621 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Just take a look in my wife’s wardrobe…..
    I have mate - ridiculous

😜

Full of your ill fitting shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    That’s like buying a shirt to wear once you’ve lost weight. Ill advised
    Nobody knows how Williams will turn out in 2 years he could be an international / EPL player or he could be at Rochdale/ Sheff Wed who knows.

He is 19 years old and if you think he has something then you give him a chance we obviously think he will progress as he was given a new contract.

Not pointing this at you btw but it is a British thing to be obsessed with pace/power something Justme & Steveo have been saying too.

We could all learn a bit from the Italians with Bonucci and Chiellini as centrehalves. Thou shall not pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We could all learn a bit from the Italians with Bonucci and Chiellini as centrehalves. Thou shall not pass.
    Yep exactly not exactly speed merchants but know when to attack the ball and when to drop deep.

Baresi was king he didnt need pace as he seemed to take the ball away from attackers before they touched it !

NAT was my POTY but who won it?
    Probably Mo.
    NAT has the shirt.
    That is also 19x's edict.
    Up to Konate or others to take it off him.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Yep. Positioning, reading of the game better than most defenders and they're in their twilight years.
    Like Taksin says there's an obsession with pace and power. That's why Englesi can't get over the final hurdle, the whole mindset and training methods needs rethinking over here.
    Last edited by teesred; 16th July 2021 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep. Positioning, reading of the game better than most defenders and they're in their twilight years.
    Like Taksin says there's sn obsession with pace and power. That's why Englesi can't get over the final hurdle, the whole midset and training methods needs rethinking over here.
    I wonder how they have imbued the Shankly philosophy...
    You can let the player past, or the ball, but not both!

Musialowski has signed his first professional contract. I try not to get too excited about young players, but he really does look a bit special. Still only 17 and very raw, but there's certainly something to work with. Hopefully he'll get some preseason minutes.

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Nobody knows how Williams will turn out in 2 years he could be an international / EPL player or he could be at Rochdale/ Sheff Wed who knows.

He is 19 years old and if you think he has something then you give him a chance we obviously think he will progress as he was given a new contract.

Not pointing this at you btw but it is a British thing to be obsessed with pace/power something Justme & Steveo have been saying too.
    I've always said you don't need to be quick on your feet to be a good defender. Just quick in the head and able to read a game. Were the Italian centre backs lightning quick, no they wasn't.