Page 574 of 659 FirstFirst ... 74474524564567568569570571572573574575576577578579580581584624 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Anyway Its a sensible move to move on Shaqiri, Thats if we bring in a replacement. .
    Shaqiri (open to correction) only clocked up 552 League minutes last season - 14 appearances in total, several of which I imagine were from the bench.

I know that not everyone will like this idea, but I would very, very happily see those minutes given to Elliott.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Shaqiri (open to correction) only clocked up 552 League minutes last season - 14 appearances in total, several of which I imagine were from the bench.

I know that not everyone will like this idea, but I would very, very happily see those minutes given to Elliott.
    Yeah I'm all for Elliot has 3rd choice. We really need an experienced player as back up for Salah. If Mo was to be out for 2/3 months.. be a bit much to expect a 17 year old to be able to take his place.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I know its been said by others and myself several times. Beggars belief we let Winjaldum leave Keita just hasnt got the mentality. Gini is an utter professional. He knew he leaving on the last day of the season against Palace.. And he was the best player on the pitch that day he was everywhere. I can't believe he would have chosen PSG over us given the opportunity.
    If we don't replace him with a player of equally ability it will be a huge own goal for the club and will comeback to haunt us.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Yeah I'm all for Elliot has 3rd choice. We really need an experienced player as back up for Salah. If Mo was to be out for 2/3 months.. be a bit much to expect a 17 year old to be able to take his place.
    True.

To me it's a front three, with back-ups, so 6 players.

Firmino
    Mane
    Salah
    Jota
    ?????
    Elliott

Should do it provided that "?????" isn't a kid.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

True.

To me it's a front three, with back-ups, so 6 players.

Firmino
    Mane
    Salah
    Jota
    ?????
    Elliott

Should do it provided that "?????" isn't a kid.
    No idea and we need a forward .Unless Firmino gets his scoring boots on. Last season return was terrible for a number 9 of any club let alone ours.

I know its never going to happen. But if we were to play a back 3.. Of say Gomez Konate and Van-Dijk
    We could let TAA and Robbo get has far forward as they would like.

____________________Allison_________________
    _________Gomez_____ Konate____ Virgil
    Trent_______Fabinho__Thiago_Henderson___ Roberston-
    ________________Salah_________Mane

My only issue with that is there 1 less attacker on the pitch.. Gives your back line a lot of protection though when defending.

He's come out and said this himself that he would be willing to do a job from the bench if needed.

I'd happily give him a place on the bench as an impact sub and start off in the cups or "easy" games

I agree. It would be much more beneficial, Shaquiri contributes very little and is not a long term prospect. Elliott is and it could make a big difference to his development. His time in the championship will hopefully have toughened him up.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I agree. It would be much more beneficial, Shaquiri contributes very little and is not a long term prospect. Elliott is and it could make a big difference to his development. His time in the championship will hopefully have toughened him up.
    I actually like Shaquri and thought he played well on the odd occasion he got on the pitch. Certainly a player that doesn’t dither like a lot of our other players.

Whips in a decent cross and isn’t scared to have a pop from distance. A change from the players who try walk the ball into the back of the net.

Shaqiri's not good enough, never has been, never will be, plain and simple, needs moving on and quickly so we can get a player in who is good enough or can be
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Generally I'd favour a youngster over an ageing injury prone star. You can't be a passenger at 30+.

Trouble is when a youngster makes a mistake, as they will do, we write them off.

Lovren always had a mistake in him, or you can have Rhys Williams do it, take your pick.