Page 575 of 659 FirstFirst ... 75475525565568569570571572573574575576577578579580581582585625 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    I actually like Shaquri and thought he played well on the odd occasion he got on the pitch. Certainly a player that doesn’t dither like a lot of our other players.

Whips in a decent cross and isn’t scared to have a pop from distance. A change from the players who try walk the ball into the back of the net.
    Personally I think you could count on one hand the memorable games he's had for us. Utd game, Barca 2nd leg....... I'm struggling after those 2.
    Hasnt been a great signing in my eyes.

Played an impressive part in one of our best EVER breakaway goals at West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Shaqiri's not good enough, never has been, never will be, plain and simple, needs moving on and quickly so we can get a player in who is good enough or can be
    He help tear Everton apart in our league winning season. Plus a few other very good performances. Every top team needs very good squad players and he is definitely very good. If he wants to stay I'd keep him and play him when he's fit.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Love that goal. Wish it had come in a Champion's League semi-final or something in front of a packed crowd as it's the sort of goal that merits being remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Salah’s first touch made Shaqiri’s cross look good. The second touch wasn’t bad either. My favourite goal of last season by some stretch.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Personally I think you could count on one hand the memorable games he's had for us. Utd game, Barca 2nd leg....... I'm struggling after those 2.
    Hasnt been a great signing in my eyes.
    Completely agree, players need to deliver consistently, to be able to offer a consistent and persistent threat when they play or are brought on as a sub, fits and spurts and doing the odd great thing once or twice a season over several seasons, while not being able to do the basics of at least facilitating the team playing as it does at its best simply doesn't cut it, Keita, Shaqiri, Oxlade, Origi all fit into this category, Oxlade and Keita the former more frequently, have at least facilitated the team playing at it's best while not being spectacular themselves far more frequently than Shaq or Origi ever have or will
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Looks like Arsenal will sign Ben White for a staggering £50 million 😳

I think Origi and Shaqiri have done ok for us been solid squad players and scored very important goals for us we only paid £24m for them too.

I felt abit for Origi last season as he was getting 10 mins here 6 mins there not exactly time to get into the game and confidence can’t be high he missed that one on one against Burnley then binned off which was harsh considering the chances others missed.

I think Wilson Shaqiri Grujic will leave I’m not sure Origi will go not much noise about it and he might want to stay and be a squad player who knows.

The club can’t go handing out 5 year deals then 2 years down the line start saying off you go it doesn’t work like that but it is best for his career to leave.

Keita is the one we need/hope leaves he is a good player but this league just seems too robust for him.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Looks like Arsenal will sign Ben White for a staggering £50 million 😳
    They rather need that one to work out you feel.

Since 2016/17 they’ve spent about £540m (£315m net spend) I think. That’s the fourth(?) most, after City, Chelsea and Man United.

Some huge wages too on the likes of Ozil.

Yet they haven't had a whiff of Champion's League football for some time now. Spending big is fine, but they need to spend more intelligently.

50m for White is crazy money. You should be getting top end product for that. He may end up a class player but 50m for potential is ridiculous and just typical over pricing of Englesi's.
    When you think Utd will get Varane for less than that it puts it into perspective.