Page 580 of 659 FirstFirst ... 80480530570573574575576577578579580581582583584585586587590630 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Two out would be a really, really good start.

I think I had it worked out that we need 4 out to bring 1 one and 5 out to bring 2 in - could of course have my maths wrong - to manage balancing incoming transfers with the 25-man squad/homegrown situation.
    Premier league, world club and European Champions plus signing one of the biggest sponsorship deals in football in the last 3 years, and behaving like Brighton in the transfer market.
    I really hope you're wrong, but something tells me you're right about all this.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Premier league, world club and European Champions plus signing one of the biggest sponsorship deals in football in the last 3 years, and behaving like Brighton in the transfer market.
    The homegrown quota rules and 25-man squad rules apply to everyone to be fair. We have 19(?) "foreigners" and 9(?) homegrown if I have my working out done right, which is 28 players. So you have to sell (player 28, player 27, player 26) to get down to 25 - and to get a NEW 25th player, an existing one has to leave.

Hence my "4 out for 1" and "5 out for 2" - this would be irrespective of how much/little we're willing to spend.

Naturally if I have my numbers wrong and someone wants to correct, feel free.

If a player gets injured can he be removed from the quota and another player added ?

An absolute fucking joke if true but let's be honest it won't be a shock.
    Like I said last week, we csn mock the Mancs all we like but atleast they have ambition to get back to the top. We had a brief spell and that was it.

If a player gets injured can he be removed from the quota and another player added ?
    Do you mean at any time? If it worked that way then having injured players would never be a problem as you could swap them for someone else. I'm not quite sure I understand your question mate, apologies if I'm not on the same bit of the celestial wireless.

Your name your squad during transfer windows. So we'll formulate a 25-man squad in August before a deadline (don't know the date off-hand) and that is our squad until the next window. You can of course use more than 25 players because lads below a certain age "don't count" which is why you see Academy lads make appearances here and there and also why clubs love having a young talent - like us with Jones.

Then the next window comes (January) and you can name your 25-man squad again, again with a deadline. Now, let's say you had a player injured in October and you KNOW we is out for the season. You obviously won't register him for the second half of the season and thus you might for example loan someone in - like we did with Kabak. Some clubs will buy of course, but then you're creating a problem for the following Summer, as nobody wants to be left with players they can't use due to the 25-man registration. Imagine for example paying Shaqiri £80,000 per week and being unable to use him because you have exceeded your registration quota.

That precise example is why you aren't seeing us rush out to buy players just now - we want to make sure we have sales agreed first.

Hope that answers your query.

I think Sid is right its not about us being tight its about not being boxed in as such.

If we signed 2 overseas players EVERY club knows we cant register these players so they can get them on loan or smaller fee.

Im probably wrong as transfers in and out at all clubs are probably at a very advanced stage but just waiting on the domino effect to start.

If we signed English players we are ok but they all cost £60m plus for we went for say Rice Bellingham Saka.

These are two players who have no future here and its best they move for their career.

Grujic confirmed, gutted he'll go down as a legend

Thanks for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Grujic confirmed, gutted he'll go down as a legend

Thanks for everything.
    Haha..

So farewell then, "The Serbian Steven Gerrard", £10.5m kerching!

Let's see if we can shift the Alpine Messi next