Page 584 of 659 FirstFirst ... 84484534574577578579580581582583584585586587588589590591594634 ... LastLast
Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Odd one that. The sort of stats we as fans would have access to show him as being distinctly average at Premier League level. Perhaps the data analysts at the club can see good things in the underlying and more technical data? Not someone many of us would have remotely considered.
    No we wouldnt have mentioned him I guess same as last year not many people mentioned Jota.

This is The Athletic saying this fairly good sources there but other sources say we want more of a striker ....who knows.

I was impressed with Bowen last season. Looks a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Jim to his friends??

Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Problem is if we want to challenge for anything, players like Bowen won't cut it...

Bowen is decent but not worth the £40-£50 million it will cost to buy him. I'd rather see Klopp go for Neto once he is back to full fitness

Don’t ever recall seeing him play but I must have, which would suggest he didn’t exactly stand out. Don’t even know what position he plays.
    Strange one indeed, unless he is very cheap …..

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    We're not the only club with wages..... I bet everton have some on very high ones just for a example and they still spend more.....

west ham, some others.. that are "smaller clubs"

Stop making excuses for them.
    They're not excuses. They're points and counter-points. The forum invites (mostly) friendly discussion and debate. Besides, on a forum where probably 10-15 users are "anti"-FSG there's no harm in having one user who likes a lot (but not all) of their policy.

As to Everton, they pay roughly £114m per year on wages. We pay over £300m per year in wages. If they want to put down bigger transfer fees on players that flatter to deceive for the sake of looking like they "spend big" while we on average manage our net spend better and thus distance ourselves from the risk of financial jeopardy, let them.

We spend smart, we've upgraded the stadium, we got to remain at Anfield, Anfield isn't called the McDonald's Superbowl, our players are well paid, we have arguably the best manager in World Football, have a great Academy, plus spend intelligently. We aren't perfect, but there are many ticks on what was my "wish list" when we ousted the Vampires, so I find it hard not to be pleased about a lot (but not all) of our business.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Don’t ever recall seeing him play but I must have, which would suggest he didn’t exactly stand out. Don’t even know what position he plays.
    Strange one indeed, unless he is very cheap …..
    I'd never heard of him until today! Surely a smokescreen for something bigger.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Sid - have you ever been to the McDonald's Superbowl…?

It’s finger lickin good‘…. Ooops that’s the other one..

I meant to say…

‘I'm Lovin it’.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I'd never heard of him until today! Surely a smokescreen for something bigger.
    Maybe, he is a good player though and the type who could thrive alongside better players and a top manager. Might be something in it of its from Pearce but I'm not sure if he's as reliable as he once was. They all seem to be taking punts at the moment which isn't a bad thing if we are keeping things tight on the news front.